The Best of Through the Wire
- Same charges, different case. Lloyd, Jillian // Christian Science Monitor;9/29/97, Vol. 89 Issue 213, p3
Comments on the trial of Terry Lynn Nichols, for his alleged role in the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing, which started on September 29, 1997. How the conviction and sentencing of Timothy McVeigh, Nichols' co-defendant, is expected to impact the trial; Differences between the cases of McVeigh and...
- What Nichols revealed. Cole, Patrick E. // Time International (South Pacific Edition);10/06/97, Issue 40, p42
Offers a glimpse at what happened during the interrogation of Oklahoma City bombing suspect Terry Nichols by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The contention of Nichols that he did not learn about the Oklahoma City bombing until the following day; Nichols' desperation in trying to save...
- The second bomb trial. Roebuck, Karen; Witkin, Gordon // U.S. News & World Report;11/10/97, Vol. 123 Issue 18, p62
Reports on the jury chosen to decide the fate of Terry Nichols, who was arrested for his involvement in the Oklahoma City bombing in 1995. Questions perspective panelists were asked; Background checks on jurists; Profile of the chosen jury.
- What Nichols revealed. Cole, Patrick E. // Time;10/6/1997, Vol. 150 Issue 14, p48
Offers a glimpse at what happened during the interrogation of Oklahoma City bombing suspect Terry Nichols by the US Federal Bureau Investigation. The contention of Nichols that he did not learn about the Oklahoma City bombing until the following day; Nichols' desperation in trying to save...
- A dutiful foot soldier. Annin, Peter // Bulletin with Newsweek;06/17/97, Vol. 116 Issue 6076, p62
Discusses Terry Nichols' alleged role in the bombing of the Oklahoma City bombing as of June 16, 1997. The strongest evidence against Nichols; Nichols' defense team lead by Michael Tigar; His lawyers insistence that there is not any evidence Nichols had a motive for the crime.
- Nichols trial floats possibility of a bombing conspiracy. Lloyd, Jillian // Christian Science Monitor;12/8/97, Vol. 90 Issue 9, p3
Discusses the case against Terry Nichols regarding his involvement in the Oklahoma City bombing in 1995. The focus of the defense for Nichols; What government evidence suggests; The possibility of a bombing conspiracy; Comments from several sources.
- Terrorist or family man? Witkin, Gordon; Roebuck, Karen // U.S. News & World Report;10/06/97, Vol. 123 Issue 13, p24
Discusses circumstances leading up to the trial of Terry Nichols in 1997 for the Oklahoma City bombing. How Nichols' trial will be different to that of convicted Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh; The contention that Nichols was not in Oklahoma City on the morning of the explosion and did...
- The plot goes on trial. Annin, Peter // Newsweek;9/22/1997, Vol. 130 Issue 12, p64
Discusses the scheduled trial of Terry Nichols on charges of having been involved with the bombing of the federal building in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Treatment of Nichols in prison; mention of the McVeigh trial; The case against Nichols; Nichols lawyer Michael Tigar; Planned testimony; The...
- Death defying. // Newsweek (Atlantic Edition);01/19/98 (Atlantic Edition), Vol. 131 Issue 3, p5
Focuses on the jury's decision on the death sentencing of Terry Nichols, who was involved in the 1995 Oklahoma City federal building bombing in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Conspiracy and manslaughter conviction for Nichols.