Cable TV: A Vanishing Breed?
- SNATCHING DIGITAL DNA. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;4/30/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 18, p1
The article reports on the competition between Websites and Cable Networks due to the growing popularity of broadband television. Former president of Nickelodeon Herb Scannell created Next New Networks, a 16-person Manhattan-based startup whose mission is to create some 101 "micronetworks"...
- POL IS CABLE READY. McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;06/12/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 7, p4
Reports on the address by United States Senate majority leader Thomas Daschle during the 2001 annual convention of the cable industry. Daschle's favorable words towards the industry's broadband efforts; Daschle's comments abuot the importance of competition.
- A Plan for Broadband Battle. Spieckerman, Lee // Multichannel News;2/27/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p19
Reflects on how cable companies in the U.S. can succeed in a competition brought about by broadband technology. Retention of customers; Ability to provide customers control of technology; Capitalization on television-based commerce.
- Telco TV: VoIP, huh? Boom! In your face! B. R. S. // CED;Dec2007, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p24
The article reports on the impact of competition from the telecommunication on the cable industry's video and broadband subscriber statistics and stock prices in the third quarter of 2007 in the U.S. According to Comcast, competition from Verizon's FiOS and AT&Tâ€™s U-verse began biting...
- Competitive Readiness Comes From A Companywide 24/7 State of Mind. Fast, Ellen // Cable World (10427228);6/9/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 23, p18
Talks about competitive readiness in the cable industry. Details on customer and employee loyalty; Factors to consider to increase a company's competitive vitality; Capabilities of broadband.
- That Dumb Pipe Is Cable's Edge. Marsik, LaRae // Multichannel News;8/18/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 33, p31
Comments on the marketing competition between cable operators in the U.S. Significance of broadband to consumers; Views on the value of content; Importance of delivery reliability.
- Carriers Confront OSS Challenges. Barthold, Jim // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;May2005, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p23
The article focuses on the challenges faced by the IP service providers in BSS and OSS technology infrastructure. The pulsing OSS will sustain the telephone industry, while firing its death rays at competitors like cable service providers that are riding on broadband networks and increasingly...
- Staying competitive in small markets: The role of on-demand and advanced services. Badawiyeh, Basil // CED;Dec2006, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p38
The article discusses the role of on-demand and advanced services in helping cable operators stay competitive in small cable market in the U.S. In order to stay competitive in the market, as well as to meet the demand of the customers, cable operators should maximize their offerings and...
- KYLE MCSLARROW. // Communications Technology;Dec2005, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p39
This article presents an interview with Kyle Mcslarrow, president and chief executive officer of National Cable and Telecommunications Association, which is the principal trade association of cable industry in the U.S. When asked about his perception of cable technology changing over his tenure,...