CTOs Talk 25 Years of Cable Tech
- Analyst vs. Greenspan. // Multichannel News;02/19/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p40
Reports on financial analyst Lara Warner's assessment of the stock market performance of cable television firms Cox Communications Inc., Cablevision Systems Corp., Comcast Corp. and Charter Communications Inc.
- Robbins Loves Discovery; Kent Eyes Deals. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;01/15/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p48
Reports on three United States cable television operators that touted their 2001 prospects to Wall Street analysts and clarified rumors about them at the Salomon Smith Barney Global Entertainment Media & Telecommunications conference in Scottsdale, Arizona. Cox Communications Inc.; Charter...
- DOCSIS 3.0 picks up some speed. // CED;Jun2009, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p6
The article discusses the introduction and application of Cablevision, Comcast Corp. and Cox Communications with Interface Specification (DOCSIS) 3.0 in the U.S. Cablevision took the first step for the fastest speed in North America by introducing the DOCSIS also called Optimum Online Ultra,...
- Data Gains Look Solid in 3rd Quarter. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;10/20/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 42, p25
Reports on the predicted revenue of cable TV networks for the third quarter of 2003. Statement issued by Prudential Equity Group Inc. analyst Katherine Styponias on the issue; Total revenue of Comcast Corp.; Change in the revenue of Cox Communications Inc.; Revenue posted by Cablevision Systems...
- INDUSTRY STOCKS. // Multichannel News;10/20/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 42, p26
Presents updates on the stock performance of various cable TV networks in the U.S. as of October 14, 2003. Comcast Corp.; Cox Communications Inc.; Cablevision Systems Corp.
- Show swappers. // Business News New Jersey;08/24/98, Vol. 11 Issue 30, p3
Reports on the development of original programming by Comcast and Cablevision, the two largest cable systems in New Jersey. Comcast's sports and call-in programs; Nomination of Comcast for a Philadelphia, Pennsylvania-area Emmy award; Swapping of shows by the companies in November 1998.
- What's the Box Buzz? Ask Mr. Hildenbrand. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;12/17/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 51, p1
Focuses on the relationship of Cablevision Systems Corp. executive vice president of engineering and technology Wilt Hildenbrand with subscribers. Details of the complaints from subscribers; Information on the biggest problem Cablevision faced; Facts on Interactive Optimum digital platform.
- BEYOND THE NUMBERS. // Multichannel News;10/12/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 38, p7
The article offers insights from cable operators regarding their moves in implementing the five key customer service areas in the U.S. Comcast Corp. cites that the company is empowering employees with tools and training to improve customers satisfaction. Charter stresses that the company is...
- ESPN plays ball with cablers. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;2/20/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 40, p6
Reports on the agreement between ESPN and cable operators Charter Communications Inc. and Cox Communications Inc. ESPN's license-fee increases; Details of the agreements; Projected increase in programming costs for 2004; Interest of Comcast to buy ESPN's parent company Walt Disney Co.