Divergence Rises As New Buzzword
- Delayed Broadcast. Bednar, Joseph // BusinessWest;12/26/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 17, p44
The article reports on the delay conversion of analog television to digital television in the U.S. The House and the Senate are debating on the new timetables for the conversion of analog television. The December 2006 deadline for full conversion to digital programming could be postponed in any...
- Digital TV Europe. Aird, Brian // TVB Europe;Apr98, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p15
Focuses on the digital television (TV) industry in Europe. Estimated amount to be spent in building consumer base for subscribed digital television; Impact of the planned digital channels on United Kingdom (UK) viewers; Information on the Digital Video Broadcasting formed by European Launching...
- Coordinate This! Adrianson, Alex // Consumers' Research Magazine;Oct2002, Vol. 85 Issue 10, p43
Comments on the coordination problem in the utilization of digital television in the U.S. Discussion of the process of digital transmission of signals; Impact on the use digital video disc; Fees and rates imposed by digital television operators to consumers.
- Measurements for DTV. Markley, Don // Broadcast Engineering;May2005, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p54
Presents some general observations about digital television. Level of advancement of the technology as of 2005; Vertical Standing Wave Ratio (VSWR) considerations on DTV antennas; Requirements that have been standard for NTSC systems for years; Reflected signals at or very near the visual...
- Mobile TV in the Web 2.0 age. Tanner, John C. // Telecom Asia;Feb2008, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p6
The article presents views and insights of the author concerning the application of mobile television. The author relates his experiences using mobile television in the form of streaming video over a third generation network. The author also discusses digital video recording capabilities and...
- AN EXPERIMENTAL STUDY OF QUALITY ANALYSIS METHODS IN DVB-S/S2 SYSTEMS. Antone, Alexandru-Florin; Arsinte, Radu // Acta Technica Napocensis. Electronica-Telecomunicatii;2010, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p7
The paper is proposing a study and practical experiments of testing methods in digital television, transmitted in Digital Video Broadcasting standard. The main objective of the research presented in this paper was to establish if the testing tools designed and validated for DVB-S, are useable to...
- Leadtek WinFast DTV1000 T. Taylor, Nathan // Australian PC User;Jan2006, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p15
The article evaluates the Leadtek WinFast DTV1000 T digital television tuner. It describes the installation and using the software. It explains the key functions of the supplied remote control.
- Shoot-out: ATSC vs DVB. Nolan, Dermot // TVB Europe;May99, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p1
Reports the market competition between ATSC and DVB-T broadcasting systems in providing digital terrestrial television services in Great Britain and the United States. Reasons why Australia chose the digital television (DTV) systems of DVB-T; Technical coverage of DTV in London; Services...
- The risk of delaying your digital buildout. Saladin, Jim // Broadcast Engineering;Jan2000, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p36
Discusses the risks of delaying digital television (DTV) buildout. Technical advantage of filing early for DTV construction permits; Total factory sales of digital television sets; Significance of DTV transition; Business advantages of converting to digital.