Programming Booms As Cable Grows Up
- FX. // Advertising Age;5/2/2011, Vol. 82 Issue 18, pC28
The article, part of a special advertising section, focuses on the cable television network FX, operated by Fox Broadcasting. Ratings for television programs broadcast by the network are examined, particularly those for its television broadcasts of films and for syndicated television programs....
- Cable proves force in ratings game. Fahey, Alison // Advertising Age;12/9/1991, Vol. 62 Issue 52, p30
Focuses on the increase in the combined averaged rating and share of the prime-time audience of cable television programming in the United States. Improvement in the programming quality; Impact of original programming on the advertising community; Benefits of cable operators' investment in...
- Last Fall for Broadcast? Crupi, Anthony // Adweek;11/1/2010, Vol. 51 Issue 39, p8
The article discusses prime time television program ratings and television and cable television finance. Overall increases for ratings of programs on cable television and a corresponding decline for broadcast television programs are discussed and illustrated with charts. Executives from both...
- NIELSEN RATINGS Sept. 20-26. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/4/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 40, p20
Presents tabular representations of television broadcasting ratings in the U.S. from September 20 to 26, 2004. Prime time cable television shows; Television stations; Television program ratings.
- NIELSEN OCT. 31-NOV. 6 RATINGS. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/14/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 46, p23
Presents data related to television broadcasting in the U.S. from October 31 to November 6, 2005. Top ten basic cable television programs; Top broadcast networks; Household rating of prime time television programs.
- RATINGS Wizard. Worrell, Naomie // Television Week;11/6/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 42, p20
Several charts that list the ratings of television programs aired in the U.S. from October 23 to 29, 2006 are presented, including the top television shows for the week, weekly prime-time ratings and the top ten cable network ratings.
- PERFORMANCE TRACKER. Worrell, Naomie // Television Week;10/4/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 40, p20
Presents household ratings of prime time television programs aired on cable networks in the U.S. Weekly prime time ratings from September 20 to 26, 2004; Basic cable ratings; Top cable network ratings from September 13 to 19.
- HOT NET FUN. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;9/6/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 36, p1
Reports on the primetime ratings generated by cable television networks in the U.S. during the summer season of 2004. Percentage of increase in the household share garnered by cable networks; List of top cable networks; Key demographics where TBS and TNT performed well.
- Cable Gets 3rd-Quarter Grade: 60-Plus. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;10/3/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 41, p9
Reports on the improvements in the prime time viewership rating of cable television in the U.S. in the third quarter of 2005. Factors attributed to the growth of audience share in cable television; Cable networks that posted increase in their prime time ratings; Prime time television programs...