Programming Booms As Cable Grows Up
- FX. // Advertising Age;5/2/2011, Vol. 82 Issue 18, pC28
The article, part of a special advertising section, focuses on the cable television network FX, operated by Fox Broadcasting. Ratings for television programs broadcast by the network are examined, particularly those for its television broadcasts of films and for syndicated television programs....
- Cable proves force in ratings game. Fahey, Alison // Advertising Age;12/9/1991, Vol. 62 Issue 52, p30
Focuses on the increase in the combined averaged rating and share of the prime-time audience of cable television programming in the United States. Improvement in the programming quality; Impact of original programming on the advertising community; Benefits of cable operators' investment in...
- Last Fall for Broadcast? Crupi, Anthony // Adweek;11/1/2010, Vol. 51 Issue 39, p8
The article discusses prime time television program ratings and television and cable television finance. Overall increases for ratings of programs on cable television and a corresponding decline for broadcast television programs are discussed and illustrated with charts. Executives from both...
- NIELSEN RATINGS Sept. 20-26. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/4/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 40, p20
Presents tabular representations of television broadcasting ratings in the U.S. from September 20 to 26, 2004. Prime time cable television shows; Television stations; Television program ratings.
- NIELSEN OCT. 31-NOV. 6 RATINGS. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/14/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 46, p23
Presents data related to television broadcasting in the U.S. from October 31 to November 6, 2005. Top ten basic cable television programs; Top broadcast networks; Household rating of prime time television programs.
- HOT NET FUN. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;9/6/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 36, p1
Reports on the primetime ratings generated by cable television networks in the U.S. during the summer season of 2004. Percentage of increase in the household share garnered by cable networks; List of top cable networks; Key demographics where TBS and TNT performed well.
- PERFORMANCE TRACKER. Worrell, Naomei // Television Week;6/14/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 24, p22
Presents charts on the ratings of television programs in the U.S. from May 31 to June 6, 2004. Rating of prime time shows; Number of viewers recorded for several day time television programs; Rank of cable television networks based on household audience projections; List of the top cable...
- THE PRIME TIME RACE. // Broadcasting & Cable;7/19/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 29, p18
Presents the household ratings for prime time cable television programs in the U.S. from July 5 to 11, 2004 from Nielsen Media Research. Top ten basic cable shows; Top broadcast networks; Top ten broadcast shows.
- NIELSEN JUNE 20-26 RATINGS. // Broadcasting & Cable;7/4/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 27, p13
Presents the household ratings of prime time television programs aired in the U.S. from January 20 to 26, 2005. Weekly prime time ratings; Top 10 basic cable ratings; Top broadcast networks.