- In Christian music, will business bury faith? TAYLOR, ROBIN // National Catholic Reporter;02/12/99, Vol. 35 Issue 15, p18
Provides information on Christian music. Annual sales of Christian music; Information on the Dove Awards, a nationally televised annual awards show on Christian music; Retailers who have increased their Christian album selections; Reason for the growth of Christian music.
- Higher ground. Price, Deborah Evans // Billboard;08/30/97, Vol. 109 Issue 35, p36
Presents news for August 30, 1997 related to contemporary Christian music. National Quartet Convention's 40th anniversary in Louisville, Kentucky; September as Southern Gospel Music Month; Artists on the Southern gospel sampler; Others.
- TOP CONTEMPORARY CHRISTIAN ALBUMS. // Billboard;11/16/2002, Vol. 114 Issue 46, p110
Presents a chart of the top contemporary Christian music recordings as of November 16, 2002.
- Billboard® TOP CHRISTIAN ALBUMS™. // Billboard;4/23/2005, Vol. 117 Issue 17, p54
Presents a list of top Christian albums in the U.S. as of April 23, 2005, including "WOW #1s," by various artists.
- Higher ground. Price, Deborah Evans // Billboard;05/23/98, Vol. 110 Issue 21, p52
Presents Christian music industry-related news for the week of May 23, 1998. EMI Christian Music Group's launching of Sonic Fuel Music Sales to handle alternative Christian music; The success of the second Great Western Quartet Convention; The annual Gospel Jubilee to be held at the Grand Ole Opry.
- In The Spirit. Collins, Lisa // Billboard;11/2/2002, Vol. 114 Issue 44, p15
Talks about contemporary Christian and gospel music in the music industry. Release of the album 'Bishop T.D. Jakes Presents God's Leading Ladies'; Artists featured in the album; Songs included in the album.
- Jesus climbs the charts. Powell, Mark Allan // Christian Century;12/18/2002, Vol. 119 Issue 26, p20
Deals with the popularity of contemporary Christian music in the U.S. as of December 2002. Increase in music sales in 2001; Complaints of Christian music fans; Assessment of the theological substance in Christian music. INSETS: Jonathan Rundman, Sound Theology . . .;Daniel Amos, Mr....
- Merchandising, Splintering Genres Still Hot Retail Topics. Bates, Patricia // Billboard;05/15/99, Vol. 111 Issue 20, p67
Provides information on the 1999 Christian Music & Video Retailers (CMVR) Convention held on April 18-21 in Nashville, Tennessee. Examination on the impact of the Internet on the gospel music industry; Total registration of CMVR; Other highlights of the event.
- Christian music: The word is out. Sandler, Adam // Variety;05/04/98, Vol. 370 Issue 12, p32
Provides information on contemporary Christian music. Factors which prove that the contemporary Christian scene has dominated the music world; Comments from Frank Breeden, prexy of the Gospel Music Association; Definition of contemporary Christian music; Major music conglomerates that have...