THROUGH THE ARTIST'S EYE
- New Gnomon DVDs. // Animation;Jul2005, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p48
Features several computer graphics training DVDs from Gnomon Workshop. â€œAdobe Photoshop for Digital Production,â€ hosted by Dave Pasciuto; â€œThe Particle Integration DVDâ€; â€œBricks and Blocksâ€; Others.
- Designing our World 2050. // Curve (Australia);2009, Issue 29, p21
The article lists the speakers for the 50th Anniversary 26th International Council of Societies of Industrial Design (Icsid) World Design Congress to be held in Sinagapore from November 23-25, 2009 including Thomas Heatherwick, William Halal, and Feng Zhu.
- Syd Mead. // AutoWeek;1/9/95, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p30
Presents the speech of Syd Mead, a visual futurist, at the North American International AutoShow in Detroit, Michigan. Career history; Design stints on futuristic movies; Views on the fusion of fantasy and design.
- 1984, THE FUTURE OF THEN. // Los Angeles Magazine;Jul2014, Vol. 59 Issue 7, p117
The article discusses on the predictions of the end of the world in 1984 and also presents a quote from visual futurist Syd Mead.
- 2100: Too clogged for cars? Woodyard, Michael // Automotive News;1/3/2000, Vol. 74 Issue 5855, p14FS
Highlights futurist Syd Mead's vision of automobile industry's future. Obsolescence of family cars; Cars as personal expressions of the rich; Countrywide personal rapid-transit system.
- He Designs Hollywood's Future. Abramovitch, Seth // Hollywood Reporter;2/5/2016, Vol. 422 Issue 4, p79
An interview with concept artist Syd Mead is presented which includes questions on how he started his career in Hollywood, Los Angeles, California, and how does he feel after winning Visual Effects Society (VES) award for his work in 2016.
- Serving up Sci-Fi. Hall, Elizabeth // Lighting Design & Application;May2011, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p62
The article offers information on the two new restaurants in New York City's Eventi Hotel owned by visual futurist and concept artist Syd Mead. His first permanent architectural projects namely Bar Basque and FoodParc have display the signature space-age style of Mead. Basque is a Spanish...
- Where Are They Now? // AutoWeek;5/11/2009, Vol. 59 Issue 10, p24
The article reports on several automobile designers associated with the journal's annual Design Forum. Boyd Coddington's creations won the Grand National Roadster Show's America's Most Beautiful Roadster trophy a record six times. Syd Mead is a conceptual designer for science-fiction films and...
- Opening Ceremony. J. P. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2016 Special Edition, p19
The article reviews "New York Fashion Show: Men's" fashion show with the fashion line of fashion designer Syd Mead of fashion house Opening Ceremony for the fall collection in 2016 which features prints on T-shirts and mock-neck sweaters, vintage coach's jcket, track jacket, and knitted outerwears.