TAKING IT TO THE TAPE
- Exabyte, Quantum Enhance Tape Products. Shafer, Scott Tyler // InfoWorld;10/13/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 40, p20
Provides information on Quantum's SDLT 600 drive and Exabyte's VXA-2 Packet Loader technology, which are offerings that will intensify the tape library technology. Description of the VXA-2 Packet Loader; Plan of Exabyte to make available VXA-3 tapes; Capacity of the device. INSET: Tape Storage.
- Tape Technology Stays the Course. Apicella, Mario // InfoWorld;3/21/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p24
Evaluates several data tape drives available in the U.S. market as of March 2005. HP StorageWorks Ultrium 960 tape drive from Hewlett-Packard; Quantum Certance CL800 from Quantum; Quantum SDLT 600 from Quantum.
- QUANTUM TAPE DRIVE TAKES CAPACITY, THROUGHPUT TO NEW LEVELS. Randazzese, Vincent A. // CRN;2/14/2005, Issue 1133, p41
Evaluates the Quantum DLT VS160, a half-high form-factor tape drive released by Quantum. Capabilities of the device; Result of the testing of the performance of the device by "CRN" Test Center engineers; Cost of the drive.
- STORAGETEK CUSTOMERS NOW HAVE MORE CONNECTIVITY OPTIONS. // Mainframe Computing;Dec2003, Vol. 16 Issue 12, pN.PAG
Focuses on the introduction of a native ESCON interface by StorageTek Technology Corp. for its T9840C tape drive. Usability with its Virtual Storage Manager system; Features.
- Fully Automated Laboratories and Methods. Nietupski, Val // Education;Mar1965, Vol. 85 Issue 7, p401
This article discusses present applications of automated teaching procedures and possible future applications in terms of a specific system. The amount of time allotted for the student's response is variable and is determined by the time duration of control signal placed on the program tape....
- TALE OF THE TAPE: LTO KEY TO QUANTUM'S BUY OF CERTANCE. Kovar, Joseph F. // CRN;11/1/2004, Issue 1119, p45
Deals with the proposed acquisition of the Certance company by the Quantum company. Belief that the proposed acquisition could boost Quantum's position in the high-end backup space and could change the dynamics of the compact tape industry; Status of the company's channel programs; Significance...
- Backup technology brings new choices. Loh, Victor // eWeek;1/29/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p37
The article evaluates several data tape drives including products from Sony Corp., Hewlett-Packard Co., and Quantum Corp.
- Quantum breathes new life into tape. Baltazar, Henry // eWeek;3/13/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p52
The article evaluates the new DLT-S4 tape drive developed by Quantum Corp.
- DLT speed barrier broken. // Management Services;Sep96, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p31
Memory technology Ltd.'s new product DS9700 DLT half inch cartridge tape driver has broken the speed limit of digital linear tape with the ADIC. Users can back-up data at twice the speed of current DLT Solutions Inc.'s products. The DS9700 features a native transfer rate of over 5Mb/sec with a...