fields & frames
- Doug McIntyre. Whitney, Daisy // Electronic Media;3/25/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p10
Profiles Doug McIntyre, president and chief executive officer of On2 Technologies in New York. Career highlights; Background of On2; Statement of McIntyre on the objectives of the company.
- Bigger images on Skype video. // AV Magazine;Jan2008, p65
The article evaluates the TrueMotion VP7 video compression by On2 Technologies Inc.
- Not So Gently Down the Stream: Rough Waters for MPEG-4. Schumacher-Rasmussen, Eric // EMedia Magazine;Jun2002, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p12
Reports on the usage fees proposed by the Moving Picture Experts Group (MPEG) Los Angeles (LA) for its MPEG-4 Visual, a video compression format. List of companies who were listed as patent holders by MPEG LA; Response of On2 Technologies, a developer of open-source video compression formats,...
- Codec Competition: On2's VP Takes on MPEG. Fritz, Mark // EMedia Magazine;Apr2002, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p14
Features On2 Technologies, a company which provides video compression technology in the U.S. Market competitors; Business strategy; Reason of On2 for targeting the Asian market through its set-top boxes; Details on video compression technology.
- ON2 VP6 CODEC RUNS IN HIGH DEFINITION ON EQUATOR PROCESSOR. // Electro Manufacturing;Dec2003, p2
On2 Technologies Inc.'s VP6 codec now runs in high definition on Equator Technologies Inc.'s BSP-15 processor. On2 Technologies is a technology firm at the forefront of video compression. The company revolutionized video encoding with the creation of its advanced full-motion, full-screen, video...
- ALLIED TELESIS LAUNCHES IP SET-TOP BOX WITH ON2 VP5. // Computer Protocols;May2004, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p5
The article reports that Allied Telesis K.K., a Tokyo, Japan based electronics manufacturer and integrator, has launched its IP set-top box, the CentreCOM Ca100TX. The box is designed for video-on-demand and real-time streaming protocol over ADSL. The box uses On2's VP5 codec and streams DVD...
- Untitled. Bush, Steve // Electronics Weekly;6/2/2010, Issue 2430, p5
The article reports on the VP8 video codec which has received support from several companies of the video accelerator industry. It informs that VP8 was purchased by Google Inc. from its original manufacturer On2 Technologies Inc. in August 2009. It states that VP8 is presently available for the...
- Google Gobbles On2. Martin, Scott // Red Herring;8/5/2009, p1
The article reports on the agreement of Google to acquire On2 Technologies in a stock deal worth 106.5 million U.S. dollars. News of the acquisition sent shares of video compression company On2 rising 50 percent higher in trading. Reportedly, Google paid a 57 percent premium to acquire On2. The...
- ON2 SIGNS PACT WITH XIPH.ORG TO DEVELOP/SUPPORT VP3. // Multimedia Publisher;Aug2002, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p5
Reports on the agreement of On2 Technologies Inc. to be the prime source of support, distribution and further development of the VP3 video compression technology from Xiph.Org Foundation. INSET: About On2 Technologies, The Duck Corporation.