- urban Cowboy. Drumming, Neil // Entertainment Weekly;8/12/2005, Issue 833, p34
Profiles motion picture producer and director John Singleton.
- THE BIG TIME. Matin, Randy // Daily Variety;05/17/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 53, pA1
Focuses on the complexity of cinematography in large format. Diversity of the challenges for motion picture directors; Irrelevance of the ideas acquired in school; Strategy of translating the stage experience into a satisfying film experience.
- Reel war: Oscar covers the battlefields. // Daily Variety;1/18/2002 Special Issue, Vol. 274 Issue 35, p6
Discusses guidelines on the impact of wartime politics and experiences influence Oscar nomination. Emphasis on the movies style of relinquishing the important events; Significance of blending the special effects with the genre of reality; Role of the directors in producing sophisticated...
- The race question. Svetkey, Benjamin // Entertainment Weekly;3/7/97, Issue 369, p20
Argues that white filmmakers should not make black movies. Comments from director John Singleton; Background on Rob Reiner's 'Ghost of Mississippi' and Singleton's `Rosewood'; Suggestion that it would be a presumption for a white director to tackle the black expereince in some cases.
- Singular honor for Singleton. Mohr, Ian // Daily Variety;10/12/2005, Vol. 289 Issue 8, p4
Reports on the selection of film director John Singleton to receive the Kodak Award at the upcoming ShowEast confabulation in Orlando, Florida.
- ARTS/ENTERTAINMENT. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;8/23/2010, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p7
The article announces that the intensive directors laboratory "Utah Digital Directors Project" has been launched by the Salt Lake Film Society.
- New Wrinkles In Saatchi Showcase. Goldrich, Robert // SHOOT;06/23/2000, Vol. 41 Issue 25, p1
Reports on changes implemented in the Saatchi & Saatchi New Directors Showcase, which was presented at the Cannes International Advertising Festival in 2000. Representation for up-and-coming film directors in the field of animation; Other film directors whose work were showcased during the event.
- JOHN HEYER. Williams, Deane // Metro;Spring2001, Issue 129/130, p248
Focuses on the contributions of director John Heyer in the cinematography in Australia. Involvement of Heyer in the film society movement; Movies produced by Heyer; Context of the movie 'The Valley is Ours.'
- ANIMATION. Creamer, Jonathan // Televisual;Nov2003, p8
Features the animation "A Frog's Life." Concept of the animation; Producers of the show; Developer of the backgrounds.