- Pier 1 Discovers the Holiday-Shopping Spirit. Flass, Rebecca // Adweek Midwest Edition;11/11/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 45, p5
Looks at a holiday campaign to be launched by Pier 1 Imports aimed at prying consumers away from the shopping malls and into Pier 1. Advertising spending of Pier 1 in 2001 and through July 2002; Features of the advertisement; Basis of the campaign; Target market of the campaign.
- Pier 1 opens first Alaska store. Sipos, Eric // Business Press;07/09/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p4
Reports on the opening of Pier 1 Imports Inc.'s first store in Alaska. Products and services provided; Merchandise for Anchorage, Alaska stores.
- Pier 1 3Q profits climb 45%. Hogsett, Don // Home Textiles Today;12/11/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 15, p20
Provides an overview on the financial performance of the Pier 1 Imports, a specialty retailer of decorative home fashions and gifts, for the third-quarter of 2000. Factors attributed to the increase in the company's profits for the period; Same-store sales; Average gross margin.
- Pier 1 plots aggressive growth strategy. // Home Textiles Today;9/9/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 51, p1
Reports on the growth strategy of Pier 1 Imports Inc. Annual growth rate in earnings of the company; Stores sales of the company in August 2002.
- Pier 1 Imports catches readers' attention as best new business. Scheider, Darlene // Wenatchee Business Journal;Feb2003, Vol. 17 Issue 2, pB2
Reports on the selection of Pier 1 Imports Inc. as the Best New Business by the readers' of 'The Wenatchee Business Journal' in Wenatchee, Washington. Factors influencing the success of the store; Advantage of the industrial location; Establishment of community relationship.
- Pier 1 Appeals to Individuality. Irwin, Tanya // Adweek Midwest Edition;08/21/2000, Vol. 41 Issue 34, p8
Presents information on the advertising campaign created by Campbell-Ewald Advertising for Pier 1 Imports which focuses on the shopping experience. Tagline of the campaign; Total budget for the effort; Background on Pier 1 Imports.
- Pier 1 reflects on record year; improvement still a priority. Howell, Debbie // Discount Store News;7/12/99, Vol. 38 Issue 13, p4
Reports on the improvement initiatives of Pier 1 Imports for 1999 according to Pier 1 Imports chairman and chief executive officer Marvin Girouard. Plans of Pier 1 to acquire a home furnishings chain; Electronic commerce plans of the company; Advertising campaign of Pier 1.
- Pier 1's net income surges 79.7% in 1st qtr. // Furniture/Today;6/24/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 41, p73
Reports the increase of the year 2002 first quarter net income of Pier 1 Imports in the U.S. Improvement of margins; Management of inventories; Success of an advertising campaign. INSET: Pier 1 Imports.
- Pier 1's $45 Mil. Account in Play. Goddu, Jenn // Adweek Western Edition;10/11/99, Vol. 49 Issue 41, p77
Details the search for an advertising agency by Pier 1 Imports, a home furnishings retailer in Fort Worth, Texas. Comments by Phil Schneider, senior vice president of marketing in Pier 1 on the rumors that the company has sent out proposal requests to agencies; Slogan of the March 1999 campaign...