- Tow cylinder line saver. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Feb96, Issue 519, p10
Presents a tip on how to maintain the retract supply lines on the HEMTT wrecker's tow bar lift cylinders. Placing of guard over the supply lines.
- HUNTINGTON FIRE DEPARTMENT GETS A NEEDED TRUCK. Lawrence, Gary // Fire Management Today;2014, Vol. 73 Issue 4, p50
The article offers information on the military wrecker truck provided to the Huntington Fire Department in Arkansas through the Firefighter Property program of the U.S. Department of Defense (DOD). Topics explored include the fire management operations of the fire department, the installation of...
- A walk through the military truck world. Kilcarr, Sean // Fleet Owner Blog;11/2/2012, p1
The article describes several U.S. military trucks from Navistar Defense that are used in rescue and recovery efforts which include the Indigen Armor Non-Standard Tactical Truck (NSTT), the Special Operations Tactical Vehicle, and the refurbishment kit for the International MaxxPro Recovery...
- A LITTLE LUBE'LL DO IT. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Feb2008, Issue 663, p7
The article focuses the lubrication of the steering linkage bell crank assembly of the M88A1 recovery vehicle for corrosion prevention. Acid leakage coming from batteries is the main culprit of corrosion in crank assembly and if it is not well lubricated, corrosion takes place and it makes the...
- MAN wins MoD truck race. // Commercial Motor;10/14/2004, Vol. 200 Issue 5101, p7
Reports that MAN-ERF has won the bid to build and support a fleet of military trucks and recovery vehicles for the British Ministry of Defence. Number of trucks to be supplied by the company; Details of the deal.
- LOCK OUT SUSPENSION PROBLEMS. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Dec2007, Issue 661, p8
The article discusses the importance of using lockout blocks in lifting heavy loads to protect from suspension damage. It states that loads over six tons may bring damage to torsion bars, shock absorbers and road arms and it will be prevented if lockout blocks are used since it takes away extra...
- Stop oil spills. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Sep95, Issue 514, p21
Offers advise to reduce the oil level on the hydraulic tank of the 5-ton wrecker if it gushes oil when the boom is retracted. Design problem; Checking of oil level when the oil is hot; Suggestions to slow down the return of oil to the tank.
- A turn for the worse. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Apr96, Issue 521, p19
Advises on the merits of taking turns with recovery vehicles in second or third gear. Impact of sharp turns while driving in first gear.
- Universal tow bar. Wolmarans, Roshe // Design News;2/19/96, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p38
Presents a design for a universal tow bar called the Easy Pul. Portable with no need for special adaptors; Cadmium-plated steel bottom; Toothed coupling that ensures equi-angle leg extension.