BANNED FROM BOXING IN NEW YORK
- LOOKING FOR A FIFTH BELT. // Jet;5/31/2004, Vol. 105 Issue 22, p50
Relates the dream of professional boxer Evander Holyfield to achieve a fifth championship belt. Action taken by Holyfield to pursue his dream.
- Evander And Me. Asher, Gene // Georgia Trend;Oct2006, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p142
The article presents the author's view on boxer Evander Holyfield. He states that he and Holyfield started their training in boxing at the old Atlanta Boys Club in Georgia. They had Carter Morgan as their manager, trainer and coach. But Holyfield became a world champion in boxing and the author...
- Requiem for a Heavyweight? // Sports Illustrated;03/19/2001, Vol. 94 Issue 12, p107
Discusses the possibility that professional heavyweight boxer Evander Holyfield will retire, as of March 2001. Career information; Suggestion that Holyfield has outlived the prime of his career; Reaction to a fight between Holyfield and Lennox Lewis.
- SPORT? NOT A SPORT? SOLO BALLOONING AROUND THE WORLD. O'Brien, Richard; Deitsch, Richard // Sports Illustrated;7/15/2002, Vol. 97 Issue 3, p32
Presents opinions of athletes about sports. Need for determination, desire and patience according to former heavyweight champion Evander Holyfield; Inflated egos of professional athletes; Money involved in sports.
- BLOOD BROTHERS. Hoffer, Richard // Sports Illustrated;4/14/2003, Vol. 98 Issue 15, p68
A decade after their epic ring trilogy, Evander Holyfield and Riddick Bowe are still bound together, hostages to their dreams and delusions. Each is sentenced in his own way now, though the terms are roughly the same. Riddick Bowe must do his time, 18 months, at a minimum-security facility in...
- Q+A Evander Holyfield. Stein, Joel // Time;3/15/1999, Vol. 153 Issue 10, p94
Interviews Evander Holyfield, heavyweight boxing champion who will fight Lennox Lewis on March 13, 1999. His relationship with his wife and previous girlfriends; The number of bathrooms in his house; The prediction of a prophet.
- HOLYFIELD PUTS UP A GOOD FIGHT. // Jet;1/12/2009, Vol. 114 Issue 25, p40
This article presents information about boxer Evander Holyfield's match against Russian fighter Nikolai Valuev. Holyfield was attempting a comeback and could have won his fifth World Boxing Association heavyweight championship. Holyfield was also hoping to become the oldest heavyweight to win a...
- Evander Holyfield Returns To Ring; Wins By TKO. // Jet;9/4/2006, Vol. 110 Issue 9, p59
This article discusses boxer Evander Holyfield. Holyfield returned to boxing in August 2006 after a nearly two-year layoff from the sport, defeating boxer Jeremy Bates by second-round knockout. The 43-year-old Holyfield asserted that age was not a factor in his comeback, and that he aims to win...
- Too Much Heart. Hoffer, Richard // Sports Illustrated;12/29/2003, Vol. 99 Issue 25, p104
Last we looked, Evander Holyfield was still insisting on his right to fight for the undisputed heavyweight boxing title. He lost to James Toney in October, capping an eight-fight streak over four years during which he won just twice. Included were losses to Chris Byrd and John Ruiz, never mind...