Congress fighting IRS on rural cooperative ruling
- IRS audit of recycling plant raises concern on exemptions. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/14/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30251, p1
Reports on tax exemption issues in the United States affected by the audit of a recycling plant by the US Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Impact of the audit on the difficulty of issuing tax-exempt bonds to finance future recycling facilities; Complication of exemption matters with the refusal...
- How far does the IRS's 20 percent rule reach? O'Hare, Patrick K. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Apr95, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p20
Inquires into the extent of the Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) `20 percent rule.' Application to all tax exempt integrated healthcare systems; Possible extension on case to case basis; Viewed inconsistency.
- IRS yanks church's tax-exempt status. Larson, Bob // Christianity Today;6/19/95, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p47
Reports that the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has revoked the tax-exempt status of the Conklin, New York-based Church at Pierce Creek. Reasons for the revocation; Filing of suits by church supporters.
- IRS Stands Pat on Illinois Bonds; Mass. Debt Under Audit. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;2/17/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33267, p5
The article reports on the decision of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service not to alter the tax-exempt status of 57.5 million of bonds issued by the Illinois Finance Authority in 2003.
- IRS Widens Probe Into 3-Year Notes. Hume, Lynn; Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;8/30/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31314, p1
Focuses on the move of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) for the tax-exempt investigations in Washington. Confidentiality of the investigations; Plans of IRS to finance school district projects in Pennsylvania; Accounts on the transaction participants involved in the investigation.
- IRS Seeks Comments on Exempt Organization Education, Compliance. // Association Management;Mar2001, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p8
Reports on the United States Internal Revenue Service's call for comments in January 2001 on how the Tax Exempt and Government Entities Division can better educate taxpayers and improve compliance for exempt organization-related tax issues.
- Advisory Committee Issues Report. // Practical Accountant;Sep2002, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p16
Reports that the U.S. Internal Revenue Service's advisory committee on tax exempt and government entities has posted its reports on the agency's Web site.
- Equitable relief described for innocent spouses. // Practical Accountant;Feb99, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p12
Provides information on equitable relief from federal tax liability by the United States Internal Revenue Service and the Department of Treasury. Provisions of Notice 98-61; Effective date of interim guidance.
- Tax exempt advisory committee created. // Practical Accountant;Sep99, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p20
Highlights the plan of the United States Internal Revenue Service to create a Tax Exempt Advisory Committee. Provision of organized public forum for dealing with employee plans, exempt organizations, tax-exempt bonds and state, local and tribal governments.