Florida lawmakers reach eleventh hour for P2000 bills
- To Save Everglades, Florida Conservationists Call for Bonds. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/19/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31184, p3
Reports the need of a bond sale to finance the environmental restoration project of the Everglades in Florida. Amount needed; Recommendation of the Audubon Society to the South Florida Water Management District for a legislative authorization; Complexities of the Everglades conservation...
- Suit Attacks Law Enabling Illinois' $400 Million Soldier Field Issue. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/14/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31202, p1
Reports on the lawsuit filed by opponents of the renovation of Soldier Field against the Illinois Sports Facilities Authority. Prevention of the issuance of bonds for the project; Details of the lawsuit filed by Friends of the Parks.
- Wisconsin's borrowing plans for conservation, construction inch forward. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;03/19/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30602, p7
Reports that Wisconsin could borrow general obligation bonds for land conservation projects and building projects. Proposed capital budget by the state's Building Commission; Renovations at the capitol building.
- Florida Agency Unveils $1.5 Billion Proposal to Rejuvenate Everglades. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/15/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31990, p1
Reports that the South Florida Water Management District unveiled on October 14, 2004, a $1.5 billion plan financed with certificates of participation that will leverage state funds to accelerate its plan to rejuvenate the Florida Everglades. Key features of the agency's Comprehensive Everglades...
- Broward County, Fla., Sells First Tranche of Parkland Bonds. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/31/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31853, p7
Reports that Broward County, Florida is selling general obligation bonds to finance the purchase of parks and preserve land. Role of Bear, Stearns & Co. and UBS Financial Services Inc. on the sale of uninsured premium bonds; Interest rates; Rating of the park bonds.
- Arkansas Voters Could Face Over $1.35 Billion at the Polls. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/29/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32597, p36
The article reports on the measure seeking a statewide vote on $300 million of general obligation bonds to be issued by the Arkansas Natural Resources Commission sent by lawmakers to Governor Mike Beebe. The proceeds would be used for finance or refinance water, water disposal, pollution control...
- Florida House Passes Budget Minus Debt Service for New Bond Programs. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/21/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32861, p36
The article reports on the budget submitted by the Florida House of Representatives for 2009. It states that the government has allocated a total of $65.1 billion of bonds made available for education as well as conservation and restoration projects. It reveals that legislators agreed to...
- Florida Leads Southeast as Region Approves $1.2B for Conservation. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/2/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32021, p1
The article reports that voters in the Southeast this year approved spending nearly $1.2 billion, mostly from the sale of bonds, to protect land for open space, parks, recreation, greenways, watersheds and wildlife. Nearly half of the region's total, or $500.2 million, was approved in...
- Bond Price Data and Bond Market Liquidity. Sarig, Oded; Warga, Arthur // Journal of Financial & Quantitative Analysis;Sep89, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p367
This paper attempts to characterize liquidity-driven noise in the CRSP Government Bond price data set by comparing these price records to the independently collected Shearson Lehman Brothers (SLB) Bond Data Base. We argue that discrepancies between the data sets are due largely to...