Internet tax panel cleared to meet after representation suit is dropped
- Web bureaucracy. S.O. // Catalog Age;Sep99, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p10
Focuses on the first meeting of the panel appointed by the United States Congress to investigate Internet taxation policies. Election of James Gilmore as chairman of the Advisory Commission on Electronic Commerce; Issue of funding; Business representatives' opposition to any tax that singles...
- AGMA releases two new standards. // Machine Design;08/21/97, Vol. 69 Issue 16, p108
Focuses on the two standards which were released by the AGMA Acoustical Technology Committee. Information on `Specification for Measurement of Linear Vibration on Gear Units; Details on `Acceptance Code for Gears-Part 2: Determination of Mechanical Vibrations of Gear Units During Acceptance...
- End to private leases arriving in Smokies. // National Parks;Mar/Apr92, Vol. 66 Issue 3/4, p19
Discusses the well-connected Elkmont Preservation Committee's efforts to block the long-agreed-upon phaseout of the private leases on 46 summer homes in Great Smoky Mountains National Park in Tennessee. History of the Elkmont residents' agreement with the National Park Service; Lobbying efforts...
- Buletin M.P.W.S.--Sabah Women's Advisory Council. // Women's International Network News;Winter97, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p45
Presents the `Buletin M.P.W.S.' periodical of the Sabah Women's Advisory Council. Contents; Contact information.
- New Orem committee to study transportation issues, write master plan for city council. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;08/28/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p7
Reports that the Orem, Utah City Council has unanimously voted to create a citizens ad hoc committee to study transportation issues facing the city. Duties of the committee; Composition of the committee; Projected increase in the city's population by 2005.
- Downtown Center moves. // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;2/5/96, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p34
Reports that the Downtown Committee of Syracuse Inc.'s Security & Information Center has moved from temporary space in Syracuse, New York.
- Grants for self-help groups. // New York Amsterdam News;12/30/95, Vol. 86 Issue 52, p5
Announces that applications are being accepted for the 1996 One City Awards from the Citizens Committee for New York City. Contact information.
- Grants for self-help groups. // New York Amsterdam News;12/30/95, Vol. 86 Issue 52, p29
Announces the acceptance of applications for the 1996 One City Awards, a Citizens Committee for New York City small grants program. Details of the program; Contact information.
- New dietary guidelines. // Drug Topics;9/4/95, Vol. 139 Issue 17, p8
Reports on the Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee's recommendations that stress eating right rather than relying on dietary supplements for vitamins, minerals and fiber.