Lazard deal seen benefiting issuers
- Morris Publishing Gets Forbearance Extension. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;4/13/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 15, p13
The article announces that creditors of Augusta, Georgia-based regional newspaper publisher Morris Publishing Group gave the company extension, until April 24, 2010, for a 9.7 million U.S. dollars interest payment for its senior subordinated notes. Lazard Freres & Co. was hired by Morris as a...
- Lazard Freres services high end with discretion and financing acumen. Frantz, James B. // National Real Estate Investor;Oct93, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p125
Profiles Lazard Freres & Co. Low-profile approach; Accomplishments; Services; Reliance on human capital to raise capital; History of involvement in real estate investment; Creation of Corporate Property Investors (CPI); Concentration on three major growth areas.
- Lazard's new plan. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;4/8/96, Vol. 12 Issue 15, p42
Reports on the creation of a system of sharing profits by Lazard Freres and Company and its two international counterparts. Names of counterparts; Reasons for the system; When system is expected to take effect.
- Lazard seeks L.A. settlement. Furman, Phyllis // Crain's New York Business;1/29/96, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p6
Reports that Lazard Freres & Co. and the Los Angeles County are in negotiations to resolve a controversy over whether the New York firm in fact overcharged the California municipality for government securities.
- Lazard Freres Launches Buy-Side Distressed Fund. Cohen, Judy Radler // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;10/8/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 38, p5
Reports on a buy-side distressed fund launched by Lazard Freres in 2001. Co-portfolio managers who will lead the fund; Estimated amount in which the fund was launched with; Bankrupt companies that the firm is advising on.
- Lazard's Prometheus: Burning Konover Minority Holders? Cecil, Mark // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;4/1/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 13, p4
Reports on the plan of Lazard Freres' Prometheus Southeast Retail trust to acquire Konover Property Trust Inc.
- Lazard's top California banker returns to NYC. Copulsky, Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;07/14/97, Vol. 63 Issue 28, p7
Details the decision of William Loomis to return to New York, New York after spearheading Lazard Freres & Co.'s efforts to build a West Coast operation. Services offered by the company's San Francisco office; Career highlights.
- Lazard mulls the raising of two new private equity funds. Copulsky, Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;04/06/98, Vol. 64 Issue 14, p5
States that Lazard Freres and Company's top executives are considering raising two private equity funds, but they need to find a top merchant banker first. What the funds are; Purpose of the equity funds; Reason merchant banker is needed.
- Lazard dissolves its $250 million Mexican fund. Kosman, Josh // Investment Dealers' Digest;04/06/98, Vol. 64 Issue 14, p8
States that Lizard Freres and Company L.L.C. will dissolve its $250 million Mexican private equity fund. How the fund will be dissolved; Circumstances surrounding the dissolving of the fund.