Kansas governor agrees to back tax hike as part of highway plan
- Highway Bill Years Away, Truckers Fear. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);7/5/2010, Vol. 11 Issue 27, p6
The article reports on the worry of the trucking industry that the U.S. Congress may not approve a new highway spending bill, which was expressed by American Trucking Associations' president Bill Graves at a meeting of the Los Angeles Transportation Club in the last week of June 2010 in California.
- Highway users form coalition to oppose privatization of toll roads. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;2/26/2007, Vol. 36 Issue 34, Special section p6
The article reports on the establishment of the coalition Americans for a Strong National Highway Network to combat privatization or leasing of existing toll facilities to private investors by highway user groups including the American Trucking Associations (ATA). ATA president and CEO Bill...
- A taxing dilemma. Prince, Ted // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);8/6/2007, Vol. 8 Issue 31, p45
The article focuses on the struggle of public and private enterprises to sustain infrastructure in an economically rational fashion across the transportation industry in the U.S. It says that the states are looking for alternatives to support highway construction and maintenance. According to...
- A quick note to your elected representative. Kuhar, Mark S. // Pit & Quarry;Jun96, Vol. 88 Issue 12, p4
Comments on the proposed reduction in the gas tax in the United States. Efforts of reducing the price of gasoline; Redirecting the money to the Highway trust fund; Rebuilding of the highway infrastructure.
- The way it should be. Rynas, Stephen // Planning;Nov2013, Vol. 79 Issue 9, p46
A letter to the editor about U.S. states hiking gas taxes to pay for roads is presented.
- A token for your thoughts. // New Hampshire Business Review;02/11/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p5
Highlights the statement of the New Hampshire Department of Transportation regarding delays in the complete elimination of toll road fees. Change on federal rules on toll roads; Requirement of increasing the gas tax to offset lost revenue from the toll fees.
- ATA calls on House to join Senate in temporary highway funding patch. // Bulk Transporter Exclusive Insight;7/30/2014, p1
The article reports that the American Trucking Associations (ATA) has asked the House of Representatives to initiate a short term Highway Trust Fund, similar to the Senate as of July 2014. ATA President Bill Graves discusses the benefits of a short-term patch for maintaining the solvency of the...
- Kansas Governor Signals He Would Consider Tax Hike for Education. Walker, Patrick M. // Bond Buyer;01/11/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31055, p31
Focuses on the plans of Kansas Governor Bill Graves to push for a tax increase to fund education programs for his administration. Details of tax hike proposals; Amount of money needed for education programs in the state.
- WITH FRIENDS LIKE THIS... // Overdrive;Mar2002, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p22
Focuses on the role Governor Bill Graves in enhancing the trucking industry in Kansas. Selection of Graves for the presidency position of the American Trucking Associations; Effectivity of the presidency of Grave; Desire of Grave concerning diesel tax.