- Report: Long-Standing Rent Freeze Adding Fuel to Section 8 'Upheaval'. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;6/5/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31401, p34
Reports the effects of the freeze on rents in section 8 housing projects on uninsured multifamily bonds in the U.S. Applicability of the freeze on rents; Impact of the rent freeze on the fall of section 8 developments; Danger of default on uninsured section 8 bonds of local housing finance...
- Moody's Raises Rating on Connecticut Housing Finance Bonds to Aaa. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;10/16/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31244, p34
Reports the upgrade of $175 million bonds of Connecticut Housing Finance Authority to Aaa by the Moody Investors Service. Transfer of over $320 million Investment Trust Fund into housing bonds; Creation of loans from sale proceeds; Affirmation on the success of the $175 deal by Joe Monnitto,...
- Housing. Mollis, Jim // Bond Buyer;02/09/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30327, p32A
Highlights the performance of housing bond sales in the United States in 1997. Quarterly bond sales; Total amount issued; Leading issuers and largest deals; Decline in multifamily bond issuance; Single-family bonds as the year's leading taxable debt; California as the leading state in overall...
- Analysts: Section 8 Bonds' Outlook Not Bright; Downgrades Increasing. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/11/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30993, p5
Reports on the outlook for uninsured Section 8-assisted housing finance agency bonds in the United States. Increase of downgrades in the sector; U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development's 'mark to market' program.
- Muni Ruling Draws Debate. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;7/25/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31188, p1
Reports on a California court decision involving some defaulted taxable housing bonds. Implications of the ruling on bondholders and municipal disclosure; Controversy in the taxable multifamily housing revenue bonds issued by the Los Angeles Housing Authority.
- Systems Seem Go for Garvee-Like Bonds Backed by HUD. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/6/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31196, p3
Reports on two Garvee-like housing bond deals in Chicago, Illinois and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, backed with federal housing grants. Worth of the deals; Plans of the cities' housing authorities in using proceeds from the bond sales; Ratings of Garvee-like housing bonds.
- Georgia Commission picks underwriters to handle housing. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;12/21/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30792, p4
Reports that the Georgia Investment and Finance Commission has tapped underwriters to handle the state's housing bonds. Recommendation of Governor Roy Barnes to expand the field of eligible bankers who can work on its single-family deals.
- Bond Calls & Redemptions. // Bond Buyer;07/11/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30929, p22
Presents a chart showing the bond calls and redemptions in the United States as of July 11, 2000. Multi-housing refunding revenue bonds issued by the District of Columbia Housing Finance Agency; Mortgage revenue refunding bonds issued by Albemarle County Industrial Development Authority in...
- Massachusetts HFA Issuing $40 Million After Getting a More Flexible Debt Cap. // Bond Buyer;7/30/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31688, p4
Reports that the Massachusetts Housing Finance Agency is planning to issue revenue bonds during the week following July 30, 2003. Benefits to be gained by the agency from the sale; Factors that led to the sale.