Tampa Bay water taps developer for desalination plant
- Nakheel revises terms for Jebel Ali plants. Maree, Karin // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;10/10/2008, Vol. 52 Issue 41, p18
The article reports on the effort of Nakheel LLC to revise the contract terms for the development of two desalination plants on Palm Jebel Ali in Dubayy, United Arab Emirates (UAE). It states that the real estate developer has revised the proposals in early October 2008 due to the criticism from...
- Try this federal boondoggle on for size. Edwards, Chris // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;9/9/2011, p22
The article discusses the view of the author regarding the unused Yuma Desalting Plant in Arizona which cost 245 million U.S. dollars to build.
- U.S. plant would be only its third. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;8/05/96, Vol. 237 Issue 6, p20
Reports on plans to construct the third desalination plant in the United States. Long-range development plan of the West Coast Regional Water Supply Authority; Estimated cost of the project.
- Britain's first mains supply from desalinated water: St. Mary's, Isles of Scilly. Cryer, Rick // Geography;Jul94, Vol. 79 Issue 344, p276
Highlights Great Britain's first plant for the supply of desalinated sea water to a mains water-supply network, on the island of St. Mary's in the Isles of Scilly. Reverse osmosis process; Features of the St. Mary's plant.
- Jebel Ali G supplements Dubai's power and water needs. // Modern Power Systems;Feb97, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p31
Describes the power and seawater desalination operations at the Jebel Ali G power plant in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structure of the facility; Plant capabilities; Power plant design on gas turbines, supplementary firing, waste heat recovery boilers, auxiliary boilers and feedwater system;...
- Dams/desalination facilities. // Presidents & Prime Ministers;Mar/Apr98, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p34
Offers an overview on dams and desalination facilities in the Saudia Arabia. Details on the King Fahd Dam project; Importance of the dam; Number of dams as of April, 1998; Details on the desalination projects.
- Morocco. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;2/7/1997, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p21
Reports on the feasibility of a desalination plant that the Morocco government is considering putting up in Layoune. Negotiation with Office National de l'Eau Potable; Description of technology to be used; Patent application for technology.
- Kuwait. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;8/29/1997, Vol. 41 Issue 35, p29
Reports on Kuwait Ministry of Electricity and Water's issuance of invitations to international firms to prequalify for a project to expand capacity at a water desalination plant in Al-Zour. Deadline set for the submission of prequalification documents; Features of the plant.
- Al Taweelah B desalination approaches completion. // Modern Power Systems;Oct94, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p19
Focuses on the Al Taweelah B sea water desalination/power plant in Adu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates. Background information; Design features; Benefits to consumers.