Texas audit lauds cut in derivatives
- Retail investment and securitised derivatives. Eddis, Harry; Deighton, Alison // Derivatives Use, Trading & Regulation;2003, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p52
This paper takes an in-depth look at exactly how the new securitised derivatives regime will operate in the UK. It looks at the type of products that fall within the liberalised regime, and the means of accessing the retail market by potential issuers. In doing so, the paper gives an overview of...
- Grappling to get derivatives deals. Elliott, Margaret // Treasury & Risk Management;Oct96, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p26
Reports that foreign and regional investment banks are competing with J.P. Morgan and other established derivatives banks. Results of `Treasury & Risk Management' magazine's biennial survey on derivative use; Advantages of J.P. Morgan and others in terms of financial standing and ratings; Status...
- Take the wave. De Klerk, Vic // Finance Week;8/25/2003, p45
Reports on developments concerning derivatives investment in South Africa as of August 2003. Major companies' use of warrant alternative vehicles, better known as waves; Investment opportunities in Anglo wave; Risk involved when the investor uses waves for excessive exposure to a particular share.
- Most smaller banks in derivatives use them for hedging, not trading. Bronstien, Barbara F. // American Banker;9/22/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 183, p7
Reports on the trading revenue of community banks from derivatives. Use of derivatives for risk-management purposes; Impact of interest-rate volatility; Reports of trading assets.
- A Sequel to Bowie Bonds: Supreme Securities. Serwer, Andy // Fortune;6/8/1998, Vol. 137 Issue 11, p313
Comments on investment-related news for the week ending June 8, 1998. Interest in the prospect of creating derivative securities backed by entertainers' cash flows, which would work like Bowie bonds; Interest of hedge-fund managers in Caribiner; The performance of Street Life's Internet...
- For better or worse, derivatives are making a comeback. Karchmer, Jennifer; McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;04/26/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30627, p6
Presents comments by several investment fund managers regarding the revival of derivatives as of April 26, 1999. Includes Joe Piraro, vice president at Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois-based Van Kampen Funds; Steven Shachat of Evergreen Asset Management.
- Keep on trading. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Aug95, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p12
Presents statistics on the notional amount of derivatives in the commecial bank portfolios in the United States as of the first quarter of 1995.
- New Tools for the Options Crowd. Puri, Shaifali // Fortune;11/10/1997, Vol. 136 Issue 9, p308
Discusses the benefits of derivatives as a tool for individual stockholders who are worried about risk. The risks that remain; The techniques that wealthy investors have been benefiting from.
- Cleared Derivatives Processing Does Not Meet Best Practices, Says Report. Safane, Jake // Global Custodian News;2014, p14
While cleared derivatives volumes are on the rise due to a combination of product selection and regulation, nearly two-thirds of institutional investors still use manual processes to confirm trades, and more than half do not match trades on a real-time basis, according to research by Greenwich...