Louis Ventura makes return to Bear Stearns
- Scandal Prompts Chicago to Drop Bear Stearns From $500M GO Sale. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/9/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31922, p1
Reports that the city of Chicago, Illinois, has removed Bear, Stearns and Co. from the underwriting team that was previously selected to sell up to $500 million new-money and refunding general obligation deal planned for August 2004. Effects of a scandal and a shakedown scheme allegedly...
- San Diego sewer bonds may face soft market. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;03/02/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30589, p2
Reports on the performance of the San Diego Public Facilities Financing Authority sewer revenue bonds. Municipal market analysts' claim that the sewer bonds may perform favorably depending on market conditions; Plan by senior underwriter Bear, Stearns to price the bonds for institutional...
- SEC Probes Bear Stearns In Chicago. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/19/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31992, p1
Reports on the US Securities and Exchange Commission's investigation of Bear Stearns & Co.'s Chicago, Illinois public finance office. Municipal bond market offering of the company.
- Munis Little Changed; Bear Stearns Gets $163M in Retail for N.Y.C. GOs. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;3/16/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31842, p2
Reports the performance of municipal bonds as of March 16, 2004 in the United States. Industrial output; Retail orders received by Bear, Stearns & Co. Inc. on New York City general obligation bonds; Tier of the municipal market.
- SOUTHEAST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;2/19/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31824, p30
Provides information on municipal bonds of various U.S. states as of February 2004. Appointment of Bear Stearns to handle the Miami-Dade, Florida aviation revenue bond issuance; State appropriation-backed debt of Kentucky; Appointment of BB&T Capital Markets to handle the Virginia Public...
- SEC, NASD to take action over rule G-36 transgressions. Hume, Lynn Stevens; McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;08/29/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30220, p1
Reports on the US Securities & Exchange Commission and the National Association of Securities Dealers' enforcement action against Goldman Sachs & Co, Bear Stearns & Co., and other violators of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's Rule G-36. Features of the rule; Penalties awaiting violators.
- Bond Yields Fall 1 to 2 Basis Points; Sacramento MUD Sells $447 Million. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;5/20/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31639, p2
Municipal bond yields declined by one or two basis points on May 19, 2003. In the negotiated sector of the new-issue market, Bear Stearns & Co. held a retail order period for 447 million dollar of Sacramento Municipal Utility District revenue bonds and is scheduled to price it for institutional...
- Muni Yields Fall 2 to 3 Basis Points; $650M of New York City GOs Priced. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;5/30/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31646, p2
Municipal bond market yields fell two or three basis points on May 29, 2003, as Morgan Stanley & Co. priced and repriced 650 million dollars of New York City general obligation bonds after a two-day retail order period. John Ryding, senior economist at Bear, Stearns&Co., said the elevated level...
- Virginia to Move Forward With $450M Tobacco-Backed Sale. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/11/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32108, p31
Focuses on the terms of the agreement signed between the government officials and Bear, Stearns, and Co. in Virginia. Concerns over the selling of the tax-exempt municipal bonds of the government; Increase on the debt service requirements; Details on the new ratings for the 2005A bonds.