Norwest opens office in L.A. as it expands West Coast presence
- Northwest Investment in `expansion mode'. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;06/04/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30407, p38
Announces the decision of Norwest Investment Services Inc., the leading Minnesota underwriter of municipal bond debt, to expand its client list. Firm's acquisition of additional banking-underwriting powers from the Federal Reserve Board; Important aspects of the firm's tier 2 status.
- Western Bankers Say They Could Ride Out a Slump. Rieker, Matthias // American Banker;3/7/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 45, p2
Discusses the strategies being prepared by bankers from California and Texas in the event of a economic slowdown in 2001. Creation of more conservative lending criteria; Continued growth of loan demand despite predictions of economic recession; Expected increase of merger and acquisition...
- Macy's West Names Four Fashion Directors. Young, Kristin // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/30/2000, Vol. 180 Issue 82, p2
Reports that Federated Department Stores Inc. has appointed four fashion directors with responsibility for women's ready-to-wear, accessories, juniors and men's and children's wear. Durand Guion; Shawn Lambertsen; Tifani Wilt; Randy Heil; Career histories.
- Paradox of a bull market. Burr, Barry B. // Pensions & Investments;6/1/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p12
Editorial. Presents information on the views of James W. Paulsen, chief investment officer of Norwest Investment Management Incorporated, in relation to the performance of the United States economy. Information on Norwest; Details on debt growth after World War II; Number of management firms...
- Norwest Bank to sell 403(b) plans in Midwestern states. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;9/02/96, Vol. 100 Issue 36, p55
Reports on the partnership between Norwest Investment Management and The Legend Group to sell 403(b) plans to employees of public sector organizations in Minnesota and Wisconsin.
- Equities keeping `new blood' out of bonds; Indiana airport deal offers some hope. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;05/13/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30392, p9
Discloses that Norwest Investment Services Inc. and City Securities Corp. are reporting a decline in their retail municipal business as a results of heavy competition from stocks in the United States. Benefits of the negotiated financing for an airport on the Midwest to the retail market;...
- Norwest Hopes Wells Fargo Merger Will Drive Public Finance Expansion. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/13/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30498, p3
Reports on Norwest Investment Services Inc.'s plans in the Northwest municipal market following its merger with Wells Fargo in fall 1998. Plan to open public finance offices in the Northwest; Remarks from William Gabler, senior vice president and manager of public finance; Schedule of...
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;8/24/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31210, p33
Presents news briefs related to public finance in the Far West, as of August 24, 2001. Port of Oakland, California, deputy executive director Tay Yoshitani's appointment to the post of executive director; Standard & Poor's rating of Queen's Health System's bonds in Hawaii; Construction of a...
- Hiring Exceeds Projections for Seventh Consecutive Quarter. Pace, Ann // T+D;Jun2011, Vol. 65 Issue 6, p22
The article focuses on the outlook for unemployed U.S. workers to find jobs in 2011. Information from the report "CareerBuilder and USA TODAY's Q2 2011 Job Forecast" is discussed. The expectation that hiring will increase most in the Western states that have technology industries such as digital...