The trading floor
- FSA says second quarter core income up 19.5%. Ulick, Jake // Bond Buyer;07/23/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30441, p32
Highlights the increase in the core net income of Financial Security Assurance in its fiscal second quarter 1998. Strong performance in the municipal market; Insurance of Long Island Power Authority's $3.4 billion municipal bond deal.
- Nuveen to Add 8 Muni Bond Funds. Anderson, Amy L. // American Banker;11/16/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 221, p9
Reports on John Nuveen Co.'s announcement that it has filed registration statements with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission for eight exchange traded close-end municipal bond funds. Total value of assets overseen by John Nuveen.
- Nuveen spurring bank sales of its munipreferred funds. Holliday, Kalen // American Banker;5/18/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 95, p15
Reports on John Nuveen & Co.'s promotion of its preferred municipal bond account as an alternative to certificates of deposit (CDs). Increase in sales of the funds in banks; Advantages of the Munipreferred; Steps taken by the company to increase its appeal among retail investors and...
- Nuveen's revisiting closed-end munis. Fritz, Michael // Crain's Chicago Business;05/10/99, Vol. 22 Issue 19, p25
Reports that Chicago, Illinois-based John Nuveen & Co. will launch three closed-end municipal bond funds in May 1999. Brokers that began pitching Nuveen Dividend Advantage Municipal Funds; Testing of a fee structure; Resurgence in closed-ends.
- FSA Holdings Reports $85M in Income, Boost in New Business. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;5/11/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32627, p6
The article reports on the financial performance of Financial Security Assurance Holdings in the first quarter of 2007. The firm has posted $85.2 million of net income, down from what the company earned in the first quarter of 2006. According to the firm, the booming municipal bonds market,...
- FSA's McCarthy Named Chairman of AFGI. Meyers, Maxwell // Bond Buyer;1/24/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32304, p7
The article reports on the election of Sean W. McCarthy, president and chief operating officer of Financial Security Assurance Holdings Ltd., as chairman of the Association of Financial Guaranty Insurers (AFGI). The AFGI represents the insurers and reinsurers of municipal bonds and asset-backed...
- American International Specialty Lines Insurance Co. McLeod, Douglas // Business Insurance;10/04/99, Vol. 33 Issue 40, p12
Focuses on American International Specialty Lines Insurance Co.'s ability to generate consistent underwriting profits despite wide fluctuations in its annual gross written premium volume in 1998. Growth in gross non-admitted volume; Claims-made medical malpractice coverage; Company's capacity...
- Untitled. Kertesz, Louise // Business Insurance;8/16/93, Vol. 27 Issue 34, p18
Reports on the performance of American International Specialty Lines Insurance Co. in the insurance surplus lines market for 1992. Gross premiums; Commercial risks; Net premiums; Paid-in capital; Capital and surplus; Number of employees; Combined ratio; Net income; Liability insurance programs...
- American International Specialty Lines Insurance Co. Hofmann, Mark A. // Business Insurance;09/15/97, Vol. 31 Issue 37, p15
Details the focus of American International Specialty Lines Insurance Company (AISL). Status of environmental insurance coverage at the company; Reference to a decline in premium volume in 1996; Performance of policyholder surplus at AISL; Status of American's net income for the first six...