Finances in focus
- Controversial Refinancing Method Gains Ground Among Muni Issuers. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;7/10/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31674, p1
Reports on plans of municipal bond issuers of Washington State to employ refinancing methods to raise their gains. Sector in which issuers are more interested to examine type of financing feature; Shortcomings of refinancing deals; Reason why insurance companies dislike these schemes.
- Richmond, Va., Readies $65.2M of Utility Bonds for This Week. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/28/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31935, p4
Reports that the city of Richmond, Virginia, plans to issue utility bonds. Details of the proposed municipal bond deal; Background on the utility projects to be financed by the bond issue; Rating announced by Standard and Poor's for the bond issue.
- Results of negotiated sales. Tracey, Yvonne; Roggio, Lillian // Bond Buyer;08/13/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30456, p18
Features data on United States municipal bonds sold through negotiated transactions as of August 11, 1998. Includes water revenue bonds from Scottsboro Waterworks Supply Board in Alabama; Hospital revenue bonds from Maricopa County Industrial Development Authority in Arizona; General...
- Results of competitive sales. Herring, Felita; Anderson, August; Cruz, Judy // Bond Buyer;08/13/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30456, p21
Features data on United States municipal bonds sold through competitive transactions as of August 11, 1998. Includes San Luis Obispo union revenue bonds from California Poly State University; Companion drain and branches drain bonds from Michigan; Waterworks revenue bonds from Angola, Indiana.
- Southeast invisible supply. // Bond Buyer;08/13/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30456, p24
Provides data on bonds issued by United States municipalities as of August 12, 1998. Issuer and purpose; Approval status; Underwriter choice; Expected sale date; Amount.
- LACK O'TAX. Vujovich, Dian // Entrepreneur;Mar2002, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p66
Offers an insight on the Thornburg Limited-Term Municipal National Bond Fund (LTMFX). Description of municipal bond funds; Suggested strategy on investing at the LTMFX.
- City issues bond on cautious market. Finczicki, Bela // Budapest Business Journal;12/16/2002, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p5
Reports on the plans of the municipality of Debrecen in Hungary to issue bonds starting December 16, 2002. Purpose of the issue to fund a mid-term infrastructure development program; Company to manage the issue.
- Municipal fund performance by sector: Minnesota. // Bond Buyer;10/28/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30261, p9
Ranks municipal funds in Minnesota based on their total return and income. Name of funds; Three-year income return; Total return; Twelve-month yield.
- Negotiated bond offerings. // Bond Buyer;03/12/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30597, p12
Provides information on negotiated bond offerings in the United States available from March 12-April 5, 1999.