Missouri high court ruling clears Deck for prison deal
- New Mexico Town Finds The Formula for a Public-Private Jail. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;12/28/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32539, Special section p14
The article reports on the presentation of the Bond Buyer's 2006 Southwest Deal of the Year award to Clayton, New Mexico for its issuance of jail project revenue bonds. The innovative structure of the deal was developed by the town of Clayton to build a public jail for lease to a private...
- Texas Lawmakers Debate Proposed $775M Prison Bond Issue. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;08/09/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30950, p40
Reports on the Texas Board of Criminal Justice's hold a meeting to discuss whether a bond issue will be necessary to keep up with the state's growing prison population. Budget proposal to be discussed during the 2001 state legislative session; Construction cost of the proposed project.
- Louisiana panel approves prison, coffee deal. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;09/23/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30484, p3
Reports that State Bond Commission of Louisiana has given its premilinary approval to bond financings for the state's four privately owned prison. Approval for ABN AMRO Inc. to underwrite up to 25% of taxable revenue bonds to raise proceeds for CFS of Jonesboro; Other items approved by the...
- Texas Prisons' Capacity Crunch Could Force Another Bid for Bonds. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;06/12/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30910, p40
Reports that the Texas prisons' capacity crunch could force another bid for municipal bonds. Texas Department of Criminal Justice's completion of the largest prison-building program in the United States; Insights from a Criminal Justice Policy Council report; Rehabilitation of nonviolent felons.
- Ratings Affirmed Ahead of California Sale for Prisons. Webster, Keeley // Bond Buyer;10/20/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34396, p1
California State Public Works Board lease revenue bonds were affirmed ahead of plans to issue $210 million to fund prison construction projects.
- Growing New York County doubles its debt load with new GO issue. Roy, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p1
Reports on Orange County, New York's plan to issue $60 million in bonds in August 1997. Concerns about population growth; Population figures from the 1970s to the 1990s; Graph comparing the results of bond issuance from 1991-1996.
- High-yield scarcity helps sale of a nonrated sewer refunding in Alabama. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p7
Reports on the growing popularity of high-yielding municipal bonds among investors. Bonds issue by Parish, Alabama in August 1997; Sale of New Orleans general obligation bonds; Prices.
- The Bond Buyer new-issue calendar. // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p8
Presents a listing of municipal bond and note offerings announced in August 1997. Competitive bond offerings; Competitive note offerings; Negotiated bonds; Issuer; Description; Amount; Financial adviser; Maturing.
- Sealed bids invited. Parkes, Tim // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p12
Presents a listing of municipal bond offerings announced in August 1997. Bond offerings in Arkansas; Connecticut; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Texas.