Measure making California school bonds easier nears petition process
- Municipal Bond Elections. // Bond Buyer;9/10/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31716, p32
Presents a listing of bond elections involving $500,000 or more and gives dates when voters are scheduled to cast their ballots in the U.S. as of September 10, 2003. Places for these bond elections.
- Election results. // Bond Buyer;08/13/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30456, p22
Highlights the results of bonds ballots in various United States municipalities as of August 8, 1998. Includes voters' approval of bond funding in Tarrant County, Texas; Ohio voters' rejection of proposed funding scheme for Jackson Center and Teays Valley improvements.
- West Virginia county girds for ballot battle. Gallo, Pete // Bond Buyer;07/15/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30187, p2
Focuses on the preparation of Kanawha County, West Virginia Board of Education for a $98 million bond ballot battle. Efforts to beat back an anti-tax group's campaign to stop a school construction initiative; Demographic shift that has caused the significant enrollment decline in the county's...
- N.C Counties Taking School Bonds to Voters. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;11/1/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31256, p4
Reports on the move of several counties to ask voters to approve bonds for school building and renovation project in North Carolina. Amount of the proposed bond; Speculations on the response of voters to the initiative; Expected number of supporters to the bond package.
- Volume Tops Record, With More Ahead. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;10/1/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31482, p1
Reports the rate of new-issue volume in the long-term municipal bond as of the first nine months of 2002 in the U.S. Disclosure on the total amount sold by issuers; Projections for the fourth quarter; Expectations on the strength of issuance in the education sector.
- New funding scheme for poor schools shouldn't raise market hackles. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;08/11/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30206, p26
Opinion. Asserts that the municipal bond market, despite being bypassed, should support a funding program for poor schools in the United States. Tax credit for the so-called qualified zone academy bonds; Investors' criticism of the earlier Bondholder Taxable Option; Bias in the municipal market...
- Lower voter threshold sought in California. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;05/07/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30636, p7
Reports on a petition drive in California to lower the voter threshold for local school bonds to a simple majority. Campaign to include the measure in the March 2000 ballot; Personalities behind the campaign; Number of signatures needed for the ballot.
- Municipal bond elections. Haywood, Charlesetta // Bond Buyer;04/08/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30368, p33
Lists municipal bond elections slated from April 8 to September 12, 1998. Includes Conestoga Public School District, Nebraska; Conejo Valley School District, California; Santa Cruz City Schools, California; Dallas, Texas; Longview, Texas; Wakefield School District, Nebraska; Muskogee County,...
- Florida PECO forward refunding clears final hurdle; RFPs coming. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;06/24/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30669, p3
Reports on Florida's plan to issue public education bonds as of June 24, 1999. Executive cabinet's approval of the Florida Division of Bond Finance's plan to hire an underwriting team for the planned bond deal; Details of the planned bond deal.