Oklahoma universities resurrect $350 million bond plan
- Roll call, please. // New Hampshire Business Review;3/29/96, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p1
Reports that the US Congress has passed a bill that would give municipalities the ability to issue bonds for economic development projects. Limitation of municipal bonding to a community's own capital projects; Fostering of public-private cooperation; Rejection of a bill to raise the minimum wage.
- Muni market must wipe out pay-to-play to eliminate slurs. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;07/28/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30196, p27
Opinion. Argues in favor of eliminating pay-to-play practices in the municipal bond market in the United States. Support for US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) chairman Arthur Levitt's proposal to eliminate the practice; Debate in the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board over whether...
- PSA proposed underwriters agreement to reflect regulatory, market changes. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;08/18/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30211, p1
Reports on proposals to revise standard agreement for municipal bond underwriters in the United States. Contrast with the proposals of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board; Rule affecting syndicate members; Obligation of underwriters to potential investors.
- PSA asks issuers to use standardized cover sheet for muni disclosure filings. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;08/18/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30211, p4
Reports on efforts to encourage the use of a standardized cover sheet among municipal bond issuers in the United States. Complaints over inaccuracies in the National Recognized Municipal Securities Information Repositories (NRMSIR); Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) rules regarding...
- Envisioning a tax-exempt future. Green, Micah // American City & County;Jun94, Vol. 109 Issue 7, p18
Features suggested federal actions to maximize the value of tax-exempt municipal bonds and enhance their ability to leverage federal resources. Issuance of regulatory guidance on advance refunds; Broader tax-exempt financing for infrastructure projects involving private participation; Creation...
- CBOT Puts Changes Into Play for The Bond Buyer 40. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;10/16/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31244, p3
Reports the changes to The Bond Buyer 40 Index to be implemented by the Chicago Board of Trade (CBOT) effective October 16, 2001. Plans of the board; Postponement of two approved changes; CBOT partnership with industry task force led by George Frielander, a Salomon Smith Barney Inc. managing...
- Washington alert. // Bond Buyer;01/31/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30818, p3A
Reports on developments in the government's regulation of municipal bond markets in the US as of January 31, 2000. Interest of bond markets in electronic commerce; Possibility that the US Internal Revenue Service may not release for several months the final refunding and allocation and...
- De minimis exemption stands, 501(c)(3) cap falls in tax pact. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;07/30/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30198, p1
Focuses on the terms of the final agreement to balance the budget of the American government by year 2002. Observers' caution on nonmunicipal provisions in the proposed legislation; Plan to repeal the $150 million cap on the amount of nonhospital bonds 501(c)(3) organizations can have...
- Budget threatens muni-bond investments. Brostoff, Steven // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;02/09/98, Vol. 102 Issue 6, p2
Reports about the plans of the United States government to increase tax on insurance company investments in municipal bonds. Terms under the proposal; Implications of the proposal.