Seattle Stadium survives
- Demolition of Seattle Kingdome Will Clear Way for New Construction Debt. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;03/20/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30852, p3
Reports on the Washington State's municipal bonds deal to finance the construction of a stadium in King County for the Seattle Seahawks football team as of March 20, 2000. Details of the general obligation bond deal.
- It ain't over 'til it's over: Minnesota unveils new stadium plan. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;02/04/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30324, p3
Reports on the unveiling of a Minnesota Twins baseball stadium financial plan which includes a bonding package designed by underwriting firms in Minneapolis and Saint Paul, Minnesota. Sponsors of the measure; Features of the plan by the Metropolitan Sports Facilities Commission.
- Colorado increases taxpayer subsidy for stadium. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;02/26/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30339, p34
Reports on the decision by Colorado's Senate to pass a deal to build a new stadium for the Denver Broncos by increasing taxpayer funds available to back bonds for the project. Terms of the proposal; Criticisms to the deal.
- Ohio's busiest issuer: Ready again and hoping for appetite. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;03/10/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30595, p28
Reports on the Ohio Building Authority's (OBA) scheduled issuance of lease rental bonds on March 22, 1999. Inclusion of proceeds for high-profile stadium projects in Cleveland and Cincinnati; Pricing and structure of the bond issue; Delay of Ohio's two-year capital bill because of uncertainty...
- Connecticut will dip into surplus to cover stadium's expanding price. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;04/08/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30615, p36
Reports that the state of Connecticut plans to use part of its projected budget surplus to help finance the construction of a bond-financed stadium project for the New England Patriots football team. Details of the state's budget realignment plan.
- Bill's goal: Get teams to pay up. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;05/07/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30636, p1
Reports on federal legislation aimed at getting professional sports teams to ante up for the cost of new stadiums in the United States. Possible reduction in the amount of tax-exempt municipal bonds issued for those projects; Stadium bond sales from 1989 to May 5, 1999; Tax-exempt, taxable and...
- Washington readies deal for Seattle Seahawks' new home. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;05/07/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30636, p7
Reports that Washington has determined a sale date and structure for its first series of stadium bonds for the Seattle Seahawks project. Causes of the postponement of the sale scheduled in January 1999; Financial advisers and bond counsels appointed for the project.
- New Denver bonds will kick off Broncos stadium project. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;07/20/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30686, p26
Reports on the Denver, Colorado-based Denver Metropolitan Football Stadium District's municipal bond issue for the construction of a new Denver Broncos football stadium. Details of the bond issue.
- Philly Deal, Once Stalled, Has New Date. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;6/22/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31166, p1
Reports that a special obligation bond sale from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania which was originally scheduled for May 25, 2001, is expected to proceed in late July. Amount of the bonds to be issued; Reasons for the delay; Use of the proceeds of the bonds to finance the construction of two new...