- Chicago stock scoreboard for May. Anderson, Veronica // Crain's Chicago Business;6/6/94, Vol. 17 Issue 23, p18
Presents statistics on the Chicago stock market for the month of May 1994. 10 biggest stock winners and losers; Chicago stock scoreboard.
- Market statistics. // Bond Buyer;12/09/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30536, p32
Provides statistics concerning the United States stock market as of December 8, 1989. Short-term tax-exempt yield; U.S. Securities prices; Municipal Market Data general obligation yields; Reoffering yields; Municipal bond prices.
- WEEKLY COMMENT ON PUERTO RICO STOCKS. Carrasco, Franco; Barney, Salomon Smith // Caribbean Business;11/8/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 45, p10
Reports developments on the stock market of Puerto Rico as of November 2001. Increase of local equity index; Percentage decline on local stocks; Decision of the Treasury Department to get rid of the 30-year note.
- Ann Taylor's stock gains 2 3/8 points. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/1/1996, Vol. 171 Issue 42, p2
Reports an increase in Ann Taylor shares traded in the New York Stock Exchange.
- Stock market myths exposed! Beckman, Bob // Accountancy;Jul1975, Vol. 88 Issue 983, p56
Debunks stock market myths in Great Britain using statistical analysis. Stock price trends in the month of May; Behavior of the stock market near holidays; Difficulties in following the investment dictum 'buy low, sell high'; Cutting one's losses; Buying for income; 'Buy on the rumor, sell on...
- Local stocks ride to glory. McNatt, Robert // Crain's New York Business;2/21/94, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p11
Reports on the performance of some shares in the local publicly traded companies in New York state market. Possible slowing down of the strong performances of the companies due to increasing interest rates; Identification of companies with most gains; Performances of the banks; Trends in the...
- International Transmission of Stock Price Movements: Evidence from the U.S. and Five Asian-Pacific Markets. Liu, Y. Angela; Ming-Shiun Pan; Shieh, Joseph C.P. // Journal of Economics & Finance;Spring98, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p59
Examines the structure of international transmissions in daily returns for the national stock markets in the U.S., Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan and Thailand using a vector autoregressive analysis. Substantial increase in the degree of interdependence among national stock markets after...
- Thank you, Mr. President. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Sep97, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p28
Discusses the repeal of the `Ten Commandments' for offshore funds and the mutual fund `short rule.' Benefits of the repeal; Possible problems face by fund managers on the repeal; Stock market charts.
- Old statistical methods for new tricks in analysis. McNicholl, Dennis // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Apr2002, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p30
Presents a statistical method for stock market analysis. Reason for the feasibility of the approach to technical analysis; Presentation of the central limit theorem; Formula used to get the probability density. INSETS: TWO VARIABLES EQUAL ONE BELL-SHAPED CURVE;THE DJIA CURVE;GE IN THE...