- WEEKLY COMMENT ON PUERTO RICO STOCKS. Carrasco, Franco; Barney, Salomon Smith // Caribbean Business;11/8/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 45, p10
Reports developments on the stock market of Puerto Rico as of November 2001. Increase of local equity index; Percentage decline on local stocks; Decision of the Treasury Department to get rid of the 30-year note.
- Chicago stock scoreboard for May. Anderson, Veronica // Crain's Chicago Business;6/6/94, Vol. 17 Issue 23, p18
Presents statistics on the Chicago stock market for the month of May 1994. 10 biggest stock winners and losers; Chicago stock scoreboard.
- Market statistics. // Bond Buyer;12/09/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30536, p32
Provides statistics concerning the United States stock market as of December 8, 1989. Short-term tax-exempt yield; U.S. Securities prices; Municipal Market Data general obligation yields; Reoffering yields; Municipal bond prices.
- International Transmission of Stock Price Movements: Evidence from the U.S. and Five Asian-Pacific Markets. Liu, Y. Angela; Ming-Shiun Pan; Shieh, Joseph C.P. // Journal of Economics & Finance;Spring98, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p59
Examines the structure of international transmissions in daily returns for the national stock markets in the U.S., Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan and Thailand using a vector autoregressive analysis. Substantial increase in the degree of interdependence among national stock markets after...
- Ann Taylor's stock gains 2 3/8 points. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/1/1996, Vol. 171 Issue 42, p2
Reports an increase in Ann Taylor shares traded in the New York Stock Exchange.
- Stock market myths exposed! Beckman, Bob // Accountancy;Jul1975, Vol. 88 Issue 983, p56
Debunks stock market myths in Great Britain using statistical analysis. Stock price trends in the month of May; Behavior of the stock market near holidays; Difficulties in following the investment dictum 'buy low, sell high'; Cutting one's losses; Buying for income; 'Buy on the rumor, sell on...
- Thank you, Mr. President. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Sep97, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p28
Discusses the repeal of the `Ten Commandments' for offshore funds and the mutual fund `short rule.' Benefits of the repeal; Possible problems face by fund managers on the repeal; Stock market charts.
- Old statistical methods for new tricks in analysis. McNicholl, Dennis // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Apr2002, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p30
Presents a statistical method for stock market analysis. Reason for the feasibility of the approach to technical analysis; Presentation of the central limit theorem; Formula used to get the probability density. INSETS: TWO VARIABLES EQUAL ONE BELL-SHAPED CURVE;THE DJIA CURVE;GE IN THE...
- Selected issues. Nikolov, Christopher // Financial World;7/1/97, Vol. 166 Issue 7, p24
Presents a list of selected issues from the New York Stock exchange with their corresponding projections and actual price statistics. Classification of the issues as small-cup value fund; Large-cup growth fund; Specialty financial fund; Municipal bond fund; No-load fund; Statistics on...