Thomson says PARITY should be ready to handle June note season
- Massachusetts school district steps up to the electronic plate. Cintron, Ivan // Bond Buyer;04/21/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30624, p34
Reports on the plans of Massachusetts' Dudley Charlton Regional School District to sell bonds on April 28, 1999 through PARITY, the electronic bidding service operated by Thomson Financial Services Inc. First test of electronic bidding in the New England school finance market; Aspects of the...
- Autex routes orders to NYSE floor via FIX. Dabaie, Michael; Stirland, Sarah; Forman, Michael; Burger, Andrew // Securities Industry News;07/12/99, Vol. 11 Issue 27, p10
Reports that Thomson Financial Inc.'s Autex has started providing users of its TradeRoute order routing and execution reporting service the ability to route orders directly to the New York Stock Exchange's exchange floor for execution. Advantages of using the TradeRoute system; Trading link of...
- Stock market plummet taxed Net trading systems. Nelson, Matthew // InfoWorld;11/03/97, Vol. 19 Issue 44, p6
Reports on the difficulties encountered in online trading of stocks during the last week of October 1997, as stock markets posted record declines. Systems breakdowns experienced due to increased use of the Internet by investors to place transactions instead of the phone; Lack of service on the...
- Online brokers regroup after market drop. Gittlen, Sandra; Rakitin, Jason // Network World;11/03/97, Vol. 14 Issue 44, p11
Looks into the problems encountered by online stock trading systems during the market drop for the week ended October 31, 1997. Lost opportunities for customers following system breakdowns due to heavy trading; Efforts of online brokers to regroup following the market drop; Outlook for the...
- Taking stock of the Web. Warner, Bernhard // Adweek Eastern Edition;9/21/1998, Vol. 39 Issue 38, IQ p14
Details the coming marketing war among online traders aimed at people interested in selling and buying stocks over the Internet. Market drivers; Potential of the online investing market; Growth of online brokerage industry; Market changes of interest to online brokers; Sites brokering stocks...
- Internet broker plans to sell municipals on its popular Web site. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;12/09/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30536, p1
Discusses the plan of E-Trade, a leading online stock brokerage, to expand its Web site to give retail investors the chance to buy municipal bonds directly. Product offerings and features of the enhanced site; Availability of the product to all E-Trade customers by January 1999.
- Merrill eyes Internet for expansion of $1.4 trillion-annual trading system. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;12/09/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30536, p30
Details Merrill Lynch & Co.'s efforts to make its trade execution system, Liquidity Management System (LMS), available through the Internet. Value and number of electronic transactions that LMS handles annually; Variety of fixed-income products available for trading; Systems' existence for...
- Thomson forms unit for computer trading. Sullivan, Deidre // American Banker;1/27/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 18, p18
Reports on the formation of the Electronics Settlements Group by Thomson Financial Services Inc. Provision for a real-time electronic trade confirmation services; Cross-border trade communications; Domestic settlement compliance; Howard P. Edelstein as head; Features of the system.
- Ontario Pension Plan Taps TF's Front-End Products. Chen, Tanya; Kentouris, Chris // Securities Industry News;01/01/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p9
Cites plans by Hospitals of Ontario Pension Plan to replace its in-house system with Thomson Financial's Portia and OpenTrader products to streamline operations. Plan to use Portia for portfolio analysis and management and OpenTrader for transaction order management and execution work flow.