Panelists cite region's improved economy but lament lack of high yield
- Midwest bond-watch. Williamson, Tammy; Shields, Yvette; Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;12/02/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30531, p33
Reports on developments in the bond market across the Midwest states as of December 2, 1998. Plans for a $336 million refunding bond issue from the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority; Upgrading of DePauw University's bond rating; Predictions of a limited budget for the fiscal years 1999-2001...
- Midwest Issuance Down 14.1% in First Half. Carylin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/9/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32441, p1
This article presents information on the decline of municipal bond issuance in the Midwest. The region witnessed a decline of 14.1% of municipal bonds in the first half of 2006. However, housing and electric utility are the two sectors that witnessed an increase in the volume. According to...
- Results of Negotiated Sales. // Bond Buyer;07/06/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30926, p18
Presents the results of negotiated sales of municipal bonds in the United States, compiled as of July 3, 2000. Single family mortgage revenue bonds from the Alabama Housing Finance Authority in Alabama; Refunding revenue bonds from First Florida Governmental Financing Commission in Florida;...
- Results of Competitive Sales. // Bond Buyer;07/06/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30926, p25
Presents the results of competitive sales of municipal bonds in the United States, compiled as of July 3, 2000. General obligation bond anticipation notes from the City of New Milford in Connecticut; Public improvement serial bonds from the City of Schenectady in New York; Bond anticipation...
- Led by low rates, Georgia agency's big refunding tops primary. Ring, Niamh // Bond Buyer;07/11/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30185, p1
Reports on developments in the municipal bond market in the United States, compiled as of July 10, 1997. Includes news on the $399.2 million refunding from the Municipal Electric Authority of Georgia; Scant selling by investors in the secondary market; Flatness of the debt futures market; J.P....
- Bid lists deluge caps muni action despite modest treasury gains. Louis, Brian // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p1
Reports on the performance of municipal bond market as of August 13, 1997. Gains of 30-year Treasury bonds; Retail sales; Tax-exempt bonds; Producer price index; Serial bonds.
- Retail reader's guide. // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p7
Presents municipal bond market figures current as of August 12, 1997. Triple-A; Pre-tax equivalent; Treasuries; Florida yield curve.
- Market statistics. Lulkovich, Joan // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p32
Reports on the status of the municipal bond market as of August 14, 1997. Market indicators; United States securities prices; Short-term tax-exempt yields; Municipal market data general obligation yields; One-year note index; Visible supply declines; New-issue balances; Futures markets.
- Muni bond funds facing obstacles. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;11/17/97 Supplement Florida, Vol. 322, p12A
Focuses on the status of the municipal bond market in Florida as of 1997. Trends indicating market emphasis on bond structure; Impact of bond insurance on the state's municipal bond business; Comments from state-based brokers.