Panelists cite region's improved economy but lament lack of high yield
- Firms' 1998 fortunes rose or fell in sync with states. Goldsmith, Steve; Shields, Yvette; Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;02/10/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30576, p30
Focuses on developments related to municipal bonds in Midwestern States for the year 1998. Increase in bond issuance; Bond issuance rates in the region's smaller states as faster than those in larger states; Factors affecting the market; Comments by market analysts.
- Midwest invisible supply. // Bond Buyer;02/10/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30576, p30
Presents information on the municipal bond market in Midwestern States as of February 10, 1999. Includes names of issuers; Amount of bond issues; Underwriters.
- Midwest year-end review. // Bond Buyer;02/10/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30576, p32
Presents information on municipal bonds in Midwestern States for the year 1998. Includes volume of municipal bonds issued during the year; Largest bond issues; Performance of the states' bond markets.
- Midwest bond-watch. Williamson, Tammy; Shields, Yvette; Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;12/02/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30531, p33
Reports on developments in the bond market across the Midwest states as of December 2, 1998. Plans for a $336 million refunding bond issue from the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority; Upgrading of DePauw University's bond rating; Predictions of a limited budget for the fiscal years 1999-2001...
- Midwest Issuance Down 14.1% in First Half. Carylin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/9/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32441, p1
This article presents information on the decline of municipal bond issuance in the Midwest. The region witnessed a decline of 14.1% of municipal bonds in the first half of 2006. However, housing and electric utility are the two sectors that witnessed an increase in the volume. According to...
- Results of Negotiated Sales. // Bond Buyer;07/06/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30926, p18
Presents the results of negotiated sales of municipal bonds in the United States, compiled as of July 3, 2000. Single family mortgage revenue bonds from the Alabama Housing Finance Authority in Alabama; Refunding revenue bonds from First Florida Governmental Financing Commission in Florida;...
- Results of Competitive Sales. // Bond Buyer;07/06/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30926, p25
Presents the results of competitive sales of municipal bonds in the United States, compiled as of July 3, 2000. General obligation bond anticipation notes from the City of New Milford in Connecticut; Public improvement serial bonds from the City of Schenectady in New York; Bond anticipation...
- Led by low rates, Georgia agency's big refunding tops primary. Ring, Niamh // Bond Buyer;07/11/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30185, p1
Reports on developments in the municipal bond market in the United States, compiled as of July 10, 1997. Includes news on the $399.2 million refunding from the Municipal Electric Authority of Georgia; Scant selling by investors in the secondary market; Flatness of the debt futures market; J.P....
- Bid lists deluge caps muni action despite modest treasury gains. Louis, Brian // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p1
Reports on the performance of municipal bond market as of August 13, 1997. Gains of 30-year Treasury bonds; Retail sales; Tax-exempt bonds; Producer price index; Serial bonds.