- A Housing First: West Virginia Fund Scores Triple-A Rating from Moody's. Vadum, Matthew; Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;06/26/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30920, p3
Reports that the general obligation debt rating of West Virginia Housing Development Fund has been upgraded by Moody's Investors Service. Low-risk profile and strong overall financial position of the housing agency; Upgrade of the agency's housing bond program; Graph on bonds issued by the...
- Moody's says housing finance agencies are doing better than ever. Meisler, Daniel; Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;10/29/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30510, p36
Reports on Moody's Investors Service Inc.'s assessment of the credit standing of state and local housing finance agencies in the United States. Risk associated with declining federal contributions; Combined fund balances of the agencies; Financial health of various agencies.
- Sources: Moody's Report Overstates Effect of Raids on HFAs. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/10/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31612, p5
Focuses on the report released by Moody's Investors Service Inc. as of April 2003 on the effect of state raids of state housing finance agencies' (HFA) funds. Possibility of downgrading of HFA rating; Need to distinguish ratings of housing bonds from issuer credit ratings.
- Moody's rates state finance authorities. // American Banker;2/22/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 35, p14
Reports on Moody's Investors Service's issuance of ratings for state housing finance agencies on their ability to meet general obligations not related to bonds. Ratings assigned to the Illinois Housing and Development Authority and the Alabama Housing Finance Authority; Basis of general...
- In Resurgent D.C., Housing Authority Stands Tall. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;04/16/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31118, p1
Focuses on the recovery of the District of Columbia Housing Finance Agency after a history of low bond volume, instability and leadership changes. Suspension of the agency's self-governance privileges six years ago; Credit rating of the city; General bond rating of the city according to...
- Moody's Targets Assisted-Living Sector as Increasingly Risky. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;04/19/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30874, p3
Reports on Moody's Investors Service Inc.'s analysis of the risk involved in the financing of assisted-living facilities by state housing finance agencies in the United States. Assisted-living facilities that defaulted on mortgages insured under the United States Department of Housing & Urban...
- Moody's Raises Maine Housing Agency to Aa1 on Eve of Sale. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;4/16/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31366, p5
Evaluates the credit rating of Maine State Housing Authority by Moody's Investors Service. Sale of minimum tax mortgage purchasing refunding bonds; Generation of additional housing; Investment on affordable housing bond proceeds.
- Moody's places N.J. agencies on watchlist. Demenchuk, Michael // Bond Buyer;07/28/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30196, p30
Reports on Moody's Investors Service's inclusion of four New Jersey solid-waste authorities on its watchlist due to concerns about how they would deal with a court ruling that struck down the state's solid waste disposal. Atlantic County Utilities Authority; Pollution Control Financing...
- After a 5-Year Run, Moody's Lowers Outlook on State HFA Sector to Stable. Vandum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/29/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31687, p6
Reports that bonds and debts rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. has lowered its outlook on Washington state housing finance agency's (HFA) credits. Reason behind decision of the agency to lower the rating; Decrease in average profit of HFA during the year 2002; Impact of lowered...