Structure's the focus for managers in Virginia's scarce tax-free market
- Risky Business. // Bank Investment Consultant;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p44
Presents several insights of portfolio managers on business risks in the U.S. Potential pitfalls of companies; Threats of mutual fund investment; Prospects of growth for funds.
- Who really makes a mutual fund succeed? Altfest, Lewis J. // Medical Economics;12/20/99, Vol. 76 Issue 24, p40
Focuses on the importance of portfolio managers to the success of a mutual fund in the United States. Importance of research departments in portfolio management; Opportunities in medical technology.
- What makes a mutual fund a winner. Finger, Anne L. // Medical Economics;11/06/2000, Vol. 77 Issue 21, p34
Identifies key features of successful mutual funds. Consistency of performance; Expense ratio; Manageability of assets; Appropriate turnover; Managerial style.
- Kick All the Tires. Henssler, Gene W.; Parrish, Theodore L. // Georgia Trend;Sep2001, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p131
Focuses on the importance of fund rankings and considerations when buying mutual funds. Examination of the durability and performance of mutual funds; Information access to stock portfolios; Communication of fund managers and investors.
- &ldqou;We don't know, what funds top keep&rdqou;. // Medical Economics;2/21/2003, Vol. 80 Issue 4, p76
Presents a question-and-answer advisory on the divisions of mutual funds. Facts about the investment portfolio; Tips in preparing the monetary holdings; Need to consider the fund's tax status.
- Know when to sell. // Finance Week;08/18/2000, p33
Provides tips on how to manage unit investment trusts. Details on the marketing gambit of a unit trust marketer; Adoption of a profit goal in stock purchasing; Need to consider the likely volatility of a chosen asset; Employment of stop strategies.
- TOP FIVE WEEKLY MANDATE WINS. // Investment Management Weekly;2/13/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p1
Presents a listing of top mutual fund management companies based on the mandates they won, including Loomis Sayles, Smith Asset Management and PanAgora Asset Management.
- Illinois Teachers' Scrutinizes Managers for Poor Performance. Collings, Richard // Investment Management Weekly;8/20/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 33, p1
Scrutinizes Dresdner RCM Global Advisors company and Lincoln Capital Management company for its domestic and international equity portfolios by the Illinois State Teachers' Retirement System.
- Virginia Retirement Invests in AG Capital. Willcox, Kathleen // Investment Management Weekly;8/20/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 33, p3
Deals with the investment offering of the Virginia Retirement System company for AG Capital Recovery Partners mutual fund.