Justices consider protecting states from federal patent cases
- Speaking libel to power? Doherty, Brian // Reason;Apr96, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p26
Focuses on the lawsuit filed by the College Savings Bank in November 1994 against the Florida Prepaid Postsecondary Education Expense Board for alleged patent infringement. Countersuit filed by Florida Prepaid for product disparagement and defamation; Non-adoption of civil penalties for...
- States' rights prevail. Cormier, Kristin E. // State Government News;Aug99, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p14
Presents three United States Supreme Court decisions that indicate an era of federalism in federal-state relations. Overview of the Alden versus Maine case; Issue of Florida Prepaid Postsecondary Education Expense Board versus College Savings Bank; College Savings Bank versus Florida Prepaid...
- Bank wins round against Florida in College CD fight. Plasencia, William // American Banker;4/1/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 62, p9
Reports that a lawsuit brought against College Savings Bank of Princeton, New Jersey, by the Florida Prepaid Postsecondary Expense Board, was dismissed by the United States District court. Details on charges of defamation by the agency; Comments from Peter A. Roberts, chairman of College...
- ADDITIONAL DEVELOPMENTS--PATENT. // Berkeley Technology Law Journal;Annual Review 2003, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p227
Reports on the decision of U.S courts on cases involving patent infringement. Effect of language found only in the preamble on the scope of a claim; Invalidation of a patent under the on-sale bar; Patent claim narrowed by representation made in the prosecution history.
- Trudel to form. Trudel, John D. // Electronic Design;09/02/97, Vol. 45 Issue 19, p80R
Opinion. Focuses on the support given during the Patent Wars. Comments from Patent Commissioner Bruce Lehman; Information on the bills in Congress, H.R. 400 and S. 507; Contact information.
- Applied in court again; Novellus counterpunches. Erkanat, Judy // Electronic News;06/30/97, Vol. 43 Issue 2174, p10
Focuses on the two patent infringement lawsuits filed in the United States. Novellus Systems Inc. against Applied Materials Inc.; Applied Materials Inc. against Varian Associates Inc.
- Bright ideas. Edmark, Tomima // Entrepreneur;Nov97, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p102
Focuses on patent infringement lawsuit while highlighting how persons can protect their most valuable asset. Reference to a 1997 Economic Survey by the American Intellectual Property Law Association (IPLA); Information on the United States Patent and Trademark Office (PTO); Listing of attacks...
- What to do with hot patent potato. Chen, Peter // Electronic News;04/06/98, Vol. 44 Issue 2213, p8
Editorial. Presents the steps on how alleged `infringers' can deal with notice of patent enforcement. Includes obtaining a copy of the patent; Retention of a patent counsel; Need for a formal opinion of non-infringement or invalidity; Drawbacks of product changes and negotiating with the...
- On guard! Edmark, Tomima // Entrepreneur;Aug1997, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p92
Presents advice on how businesses can prevent patent infringement. Role of the United States Patent and Trade Office; Examination of some patent infringement laws; Procedure for filing a patent infringement lawsuit.