MBIA stock takes sudden wild ride
- MBIA's Stock Soared in August, While Enhance Dipped a Bit. Carpenter-Kazprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;09/07/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30970, p7
Reports on the rise in the trading value of stocks of MBIA Inc. in August 2000. Percentage rise in the company's stock trading value; Overview on the stock performance of other industry players during the given time period; Indications of the company's improving stock performance according to...
- MBIA Inc. Stock Surges After N.Y. Appeals Court Dismisses Lawsuit. McGee, Patrick // Bond Buyer;1/12/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33449, p8
The article reports that the shares of MBIA Inc. has increased by more than 10% after the decision of New York Appeals Court to dismiss the company's restructuring lawsuit that was filed in May 2009.
- Bond Insurers: MBIA, Ambac Stocks Picked Up the Pace Late in 2001. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;1/3/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31296, p6
Reports on an increase in stock prices of Ambac Financial Group Inc. and MBIA Inc. Corporate profile of both the companies; Corporate profit of Ambac for the fourth quarter of the year 2001; Ratings given to the stock companies by rating agency Standard & Poor's Corp.
- MBIA, Ambac Stocks Slide in September. Smith, Aaron // Bond Buyer;10/8/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31487, p6
Focuses on the decline in the stock value for publicly traded bonds of MBIA Inc. and Ambac Financial Group Inc. in the U.S. Factors affecting bond insurance stocks; Percentage lost by MBIA; Buy rating of bond insurers.
- MBIA to Sell Asset Unit to Its Managers. // American Banker;3/30/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 61, p9
MBIA Inc. announced on Monday that it has agreed to sell the assets of 1838 Investment Advisors LLC, an asset management company focusing on equities, to the management of 1838 together with an investor group led by Orca Bay Partners. The sale is expected to yield a small gain for MBIA. MBIA, an...
- Ambac and MBIA Shares Lost Value in 2002 But Still Beat S&P 500. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;1/3/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31545, p5
Reports on the improvement in stock prices of holding company MBIA Inc. and bond insurer Ambac Financial Group Inc. in 2002 compared to Standard & Poor's 500 Index. Comparison of stock prices of both the companies from October 2002 to December 2002; Factors responsible for a decrease in stock...
- MBIA Shares Soar With Traders Betting on Legal Victories. McGee, Patrick // Bond Buyer;1/5/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33445, p5
The article reports on MBIA Inc.'s 31% shares in the U.S. as of 2011. It mentions that the said company can finally settle its lawsuits from its clients and to start alternative insurance policies. Meanwhile, it cites how traders watched the acceleration of MBIA's shares. Furthermore, MBIA's...
- How to find true value in an overpriced market. McDonald, Duff // Money;Jun99, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p126
Offers five value stocks selected by value investors, including retail fund and institutional money managers as of June 1, 1999. ConAgra; MBIA; Service Corp.; Telephone & Data Systems; Lands' End; Why the companies are worth investing in.
- MBIA set to purchase larger share of Capital Asset holdings. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;12/18/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30543, p4
Reports on an agreement between Capital Asset Research Corp. (CARC) founder Richard A. Heitmeyer to sell his equity interest to MBIA Inc. Terms under deal; Founding of CARC in 1992; Executive appointments.