Colorado awaits court decision on grant-backed borrowing
- N.Y. Officials Laud Transit Hub Funding. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;8/13/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31448, p1
Reports the federal aid to the transportation industry in New York City. Utilization of bond financing; Construction of the commuter train system; Improvement of the downtown community.
- Washington state legislators feud over transportation bonds. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;02/23/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30336, p1
Focuses on the feud between legislators in the United States over a $2.4 billion bond-financed transportation funding package. Intention of Republicans to bond out and use existing revenues to secure debts; Democrats' desire for an 11-cents-a-gallon hike in the state's gas tax to support the bonds.
- MORE FUNDS SOUGHT IN NEW BILL, BUT NO CONSENSUS ON TAX HIKE. Ichniowski, Tom // ENR: Engineering News-Record;9/30/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 14, p13
Reports the approval of the State Transportation officials and construction groups on the increase of funding for highway and transit projects in the U.S. Issuance of bonds; Growth of gas taxes; Agreements between American Road & Transportation Builders Association with APTA.
- Measure Offering Federal Funds For Dredging Ready for Clinton. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;08/13/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30704, p5
Focuses on a legislation expected to be signed by United States President Bill Clinton that authorizes federal aid to seaports and other parties for harbor dredging, flood control and shore protection. Bond issues which might be triggered by the move; Locations of seaports included in the bill;...
- Garvee bonds may speed up Mississippi's highway plan. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;11/25/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30528, p1
Focuses on Mississippi's decision to explore Garvee bond issue as an option to accelerate the construction of four-lane highways. State Bond Commission's consideration of how to forge ahead with the Garvees in 1999; States that have sold Garvees, grant anticipation revenue vehicle bonds that...
- Dreaming of Garvees and New Ways to Pave Roads of Future. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;04/02/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31109, p5
States that grant anticipation revenue vehicles (Garvee) bonds may be the wave of the future in transportation financing in the United States. Advantages of using Garvees over traditional bonds in transportation finance; List of states with the authority to issue Garvees; Impact of the...
- House Gives Final Approval to Bill Raising Passenger Fee. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;03/16/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30850, p5
Focuses on the United States House of Representatives' approval of the aviation bill that substantially increases grants to airports. Increase in the passenger facility charge used to back airport bond issues; Extension of a Federal Aviation Administration pilot program; President Bill...
- After Much Debate, Idaho Lawmakers OK Garvee Program of Up to $250M. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;4/5/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32602, p5
The article reports on the approval of a bond issue for the Garvee program by the lawmakers in Idaho. The lawmakers have approved the proposal to allocate an amount of about $250 million for the Garvee program, which is committed for the transportation project. The bond issuance, which will be...
- Massachusetts Governor Files $2.9B Bond Bill for Infrastructure Projects. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;11/30/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32764, p3
The article reports on the filing of a $2.9 billion transportation bond bill that would support capital projects by Gov. Deval Patrick in Massachusetts. The additional funds from the federal government would bring the total investment for transportation infrastructure to $4.8 billion. According...