Far West bond-watch
- Bonds Pass Oklahoma Senate, But House Changes Loom. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;2/24/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32077, p4
The article reports that Democratic Governor Brad Henry's $500-million higher education bond proposal won unanimous approval from the Democratic-controlled Oklahoma Senate on Tuesday, but now faces major revisions in the Republican-dominated House. Twenty-six of the 48 state senators are...
- SENATOR BUCKLEY V. NEW YORK. // National Review;10/24/1975, Vol. 27 Issue 41, p1192
Comments on the issue pertaining to the criticism of U.S. Senator James L. Buckley as he declined to encourage states to guarantee the maturing bonds of the New York City. Information that the people of New York City are outraged over the behavior of Buckley; View that Buckley should be seen as...
- MARKET VIEW: Performance anxiety. // Design Week (Online Edition);2/17/2011, p1760
The article discusses impact of political unrest in Egypt, Tunisia and other Middle Eastern states on the countries market conditions. It reports lack of economic opportunity as well as down gradation of ranking of Standard & Poor's 500 indexes. It mentions limited exposure of the countries to...
- California debt commission's director Schaafsma resigns. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;01/06/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30552, p4
Reports on the resignation of Peter Schaafsma as executive director of the California Debt and Investment Advisory Commission (CDIAC). Schaafsma's accomplishments during his tenure; Pacific Genesis Group's allegation that Schaafsma led a campaign to put the firm out of business; Functions of...
- California Treasurer appoints new director for debt commission. Figler, Andrea; Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;03/15/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30598, p3
Reports on California Treasurer Phil Angelides' selection of Hugo Lopez as executive director for the California Debt Advisory Commission, after firing Peter Schaafsma from the office. Lopez's previous position in the state Assembly; Schaafsma's contributions to the office; Lopez's mandates...
- chapter 1: Political Outlook. // Venezuela Business Forecast Report;2007 4th Quarter, p6
The article presents the 2007 political outlook of Venezuela.
- The alienated American voter. Harwood, Richard // Brookings Review;Fall96, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p32
Discusses the extent of political participation in the United States. Statistics on Americans' knowledge of government issues and personalities; Reason for the attitude towards government; Impact of the news media on the public's attitude; Political implications.
- Finding the future of `citizen governance' in our past. Box, Richard C. // PA Times;Apr98, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the changes of roles of the local public professional due to the response from citizen demands within the United States. What the American public administrators assumed; Information on the standard model of community governance; Details on the politically powerful players in local...
- Enforcing mandatory recycling ordinances Glenn, Jim // BioCycle;Mar1989, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p31
No abstract available.