Motion filed to dismiss cases against AHERF trustees
- IRS: AHERF sale won't hurt bonds. Hoffman, David; Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;11/01/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30759, p1A
Reports that the sale of Allegheny Health Education and Research Foundation's Philadelphia, Pennsylvania hospitals will not affect the foundation's bonds.
- As default looms, AHERF creditors look to save principal over interest. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;12/30/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30549, p1
Reports that the Allegheny Health, Education and Research Foundation (AHERF) is planning to default on the uninsured bonds issued for its Philadelphia, Pennsylvania area hospitals. Amount in bonds issued for AHERF's hospitals; Expectations that bondholders will not see any return on their...
- IRS: AHERF sale won't hurt bonds. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;10/27/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30756, p1
Reports that the sale of Allegheny Health, Education and Research Foundation's Philadelphia, Pennsylvania hospitals to a for-profit health system will not jeopardize the tax-exempt status of its bonds. Agreement between MBIA Insurance Corp. and PNC Bank and the United States Internal Revenue...
- Moody's Investors Service downgrades Allegheny Hospitals Centennial debt to B2. Demenchuk, Michael // Bond Buyer;01/07/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30305, p35
Reports on Moody's Investors Service Inc.'s downgrading of the $161 million bond issue for Allegheny Health & Educational Research Foundation' Allegheny Hospitals Centennial in Pennsylvania. Financial and competitive challenges facing the organization; Ratings of other hospital bonds in the area.
- S&P mulls downgrade of Pennsylvania group. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;06/30/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30425, p48
Focuses on Standard & Poor's Corp.'s possible downgrading of about $400 million of outstanding debt for the Allegheny, Pennsylvania Health Education & Research Foundation. Issues affected by the news of downgrading.
- MBIA's reinsurance of AHERF debt will limit its losses. Kruger, Daniel; Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;10/01/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30490, p1
Reports that a plan developed by MBIA Insurance Corp. to manage portfolio risk before the Allegheny Health, Education, and Research Foundation (AHERF) filed for bankruptcy is drawing the attention of the municipal market for its role in limiting the company's exposure to AHERF's debt. Firm's...
- Rising from the ashes. Becker, Cinda // Modern Healthcare;4/23/2007, Vol. 37 Issue 17, p17
The article reports on the plan of Allegheny Health, Education and Research Foundation to sell long-term, fixed-rate bonds to refinance its debts. The bonds will refinance approximately $465 million of outstanding tax-free debt and a taxable, subordinated $125 million loan from Highmark Blue...
- Death of Pennsylvania hospital deal may mean health agency's downgrade. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;06/24/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30421, p1
Focuses on the possible downgrading of bonds issued on behalf of the Allegheny Health Education & Research Foundation following the failure Vanguard Health System Inc.'s deal to buy six of the agency's facilities in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Rating by Moody's Investors Service; Facilities...
- MBIA pays $75 million to settle finite charges. Parekh, Rupal // Business Insurance;2/5/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p3
The article reports on the settlement of charges by MBIA Inc. which involved securities fraud and charges related to finite risk brought by state and federal regulators in the U.S. The settlements end investigations into the financial guarantee insurer for allegedly using sham reinsurance...