TBMA survey: Bond firms expect mergers to continue
- Don't Look To M&A To Be Savior in 2001 as Focus Shifts to Bottom-up Credit Analysis. Conrad, Lee // High Yield Report;01/15/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p5
Presents outlooks on mergers and acquisitions in the high yield market in 2001.
- Financing for acquisitions feeds primary. // High Yield Report;09/21/98, Vol. 9 Issue 36, p5
Presents information on acquisitions on the high yield market. Details on the possible acquisition of New West Eyeworks Inc., by National Vision; Value of the offer made by National Vision; Information on the purchase of MidAmerican Energy Co.
- Grant Prideco's $200 M Deal Shines While Radiologix Cancels. R.A. // High Yield Report;12/04/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 47, p1
Reports developments related to the bond market in Texas as of December 2000. Includes details on the deal between Grand Prideco Inc. and Lehman Brothers; Plans of TransOcean Sedco Forex to acquire R & B Falcon Corp.; Withdrawal of Radiologix Inc. to sell the senior notes at press time.
- A YEAR AGO IN HIGH YIELD. // High Yield Report;12/04/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 47, p5
Reports developments related to the bond market in the United States as of December 1999. Includes acquisition of telecommunication towers of Nextel by SpectraSite; Passage of the Satellite Home Viewer Act; Plans of RMC Group PLC and InPower Ltd. to tap the high-yield market.
- MIDWEST Bond-Watch. Shields, Yvette; Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/17/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31429, p29
Reports several developments related to the bond market in the Middle West. Consolidation agreement between Mercy Hospital and Medical Center and Resurrection Health Care in Illinois; Authority of the Iowa Board to place conditions on tourism-related project grants; Awarding of A3 rating to...
- What happens when there's no bonding? Lee, Chris // Travel Weekly (UK);11/10/2006, p29
The article comments on the impact of the overhaul of the bond market on the travel industry in Great Britain. The author said that travel companies are using bonds to fill part of their potential bank borrowing ability. If many travel companies suddenly stopped needing bonds, they would find...
- Panel: Consolidation of Electronic Trading Platforms to Continue Apace. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;4/29/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31375, p5
Reports the continuation of consolidation in electronic trading platforms according to Victor Simone, a managing director at Goldman, Sach & Co., during The Bond Market Association's meeting in New York City. Existence of consolidations in electronic market; Cases of consolidations in...
- Short takes on high yields. // High Yield Report;09/18/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 36, p7
Reports developments in the bond market in the United States. List of potential candidates for the chairmanship of FCC; Partnership between Don Wilson and William Winters; Sale of junk bond by Adelphia Communications; Payment of bank debt by Sonic Automotive Inc.
- DEPFA to Buy U.S. Muni Arm. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/7/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32581, p1
The article reports on the plan of DEPFA Bank PLC to acquire First Albany Capital Inc.'s U.S. municipal bonds business. In acquiring First Albany's nine-office municipal bond operation and the rights to the First Albany name, the firm will pay $12 million in cash. According to the company, the...