Plan would reduce Colorado transportation district's authority over funding
- Colorado House OKs $20B Road Plan, Minus Toll Measure. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/28/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31334, p4
Reports on the approval of multibillion dollar of 20-year transportation plan proposed by Colorado Governor Bill Owens in the Colorado House. Reasons behind the exclusion of toll revenue measure from the plan; Possible benefits in the implementation of the plan.
- Colorado Dems Counter GOP Trans Bill with $18.8B Plan. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/6/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31338, p29
Reports on the rebuttal of the Senate Democrats to the transportation plan with Senate Bill 179 of Governor Bill Owens in Colorado. Summary of the transportation program; Reliance of the project for the bonds backed by toll revenue; Approval of the plan by the House of Representatives.
- what OWENS wrought. Schwab, Robert // ColoradoBiz;Nov2006, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p24
The article focuses on the accomplishments made by Colorado Governor Bill Owens for eight years serving the state. When Owens was still running for governor in 1998 election, he promised to improve the education, make social services to the mankind and develop the transportation. Owens promises...
- Colorado Governor Unveils Road Map for Stronger Highway Budget. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/22/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31248, p3
Focuses on Colorado governor Bill Owen's multi-million dollar proposal to support the state's transportation funding. Total value of the proposal that will be backed by 100 million dollars from a state fund; Plans by the governor if the state legislature did not increase highway funding; Loss...
- The New Owens Highway. Rundles, Jeff // ColoradoBiz;Mar1999, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p73
Comments on Colorado Governor Bill Owens' highway projects. Implications of adding more highway capacity; Features of the transportation plan needed by Colorado; Message to Governor Owens.
- Transit Panel. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/23/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31787, p27
Reports that Colorado governor Bill Owens has formed a Task Force on Transportation Finance to recommend new and innovative funding sources for transportation projects. Statements made by Owens regarding the issue; Colorado voters' approval in 1999 of a transportation revenue anticipation note...
- Colorado Lawmakers Lobbying For More Transportation Funds. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/7/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31320, p1
Reports that Colorado legislators are lobbying for Governor Bill Owens' $20.3 billion spending plan for transportation. Details about the transportation bill; Criticism of Owens' spending plan; Plans of Senate Democrats to unveil their own transportation plan.
- Colorado, Arkansas Governors Push Transportation Debt. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/18/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32051, p5
Reports on the state of the state address of Governors Mike Huckabee and Bill Owens requesting for massive debt issuance to fund transportation needs in the U.S. Request of the General Assembly to consider approving revenue bonds issuance for non-Interstate road improvements; Continuation of...
- Colorado Governor Lauds Use of Transportation Debt, Presses Reforms. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/9/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31797, p40
Focuses on the state of the state address delivered by governor Bill Owens in Colorado. Use of debt to finance transportation projects; Ideas of lawmakers for water storage; Call for reforms of the Taxpayer Bill of Rights.