L.A. utility hires finance officer Vazquez as part of restructuring
- LADWP: Los Angeles Department of Water & Power. // Bond Buyer;01/29/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30320, p35A
Features the Los Angeles Department of Water & Power in California. Key individuals at the public utility; Statement of management's aims; Rating agency information; Data on municipal bond sales; Review of Web site.
- LADWP Proposing Rate Increases. Webster, Keeley // Bond Buyer;7/23/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34348, p1
The Los Angeles Department of Water and Power is proposing rate increases over a five year period on the water and power side to deal with an aging infrastructure.
- Los Angeles Weighs Rate Increases, Governance Changes for City Utility. Webster, Keeley // Bond Buyer;1/22/2016, Vol. 1 Issue F351, p1
Los Angeles City Council contemplating rate increases and governance changes at its Department of Water and Power simultaneously.
- California Utility Extends Life of Assets. Siewert, David // Transmission & Distribution World;Jan2015, Vol. 67 Issue 1, p1
The article reports developments in the operation of the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (LADWP) in California as of 2015, particularly its plan to replace 5,000 of its 309,000 poles annually under its asset management program. The project aims to resolve reliability and safety issues,...
- L.A. Policy Expedites Green Jobs. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;3/19/2007, Vol. 258 Issue 11, p6
The article deals with the policy of the board of commissioners of the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (LADWP) which will expedite water and electrical services for building projects in California. The LADWP is working in partnership with the U.S. Green Building Council to meet a...
- Los Angeles set for pipe repairs. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;12/22/97, Vol. 239 Issue 25, p19
Announces that proposed layoffs of workers in the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power will not deter it from accelerating a $450 million program to replace 144 miles of aging large-diameter steel water lines. Comment from officials; What the targeted pipelines account for; Estimated cost...
- L.A. Water, Power Agency budget will allow paydown. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;06/21/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30666, p4
Reports that the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (DWP) commissioners in Los Angeles, California approved a multi-billion dollar budget as of June 1999, clearing the way for its debt pay-down and capital investment plans. Effect of additional cash provisions in the budget on the...
- Lactation programs yield multiple benefits. Geisel, Jerry // Business Insurance;1/31/94, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p12
Reports on Los Angeles Department of Water and Power's development of an onsite lactation program to reduce employee absenteeism and cut health care costs. Costs of the use of the breast pumps; Other benefits of the program.
- IR imaging is key to maintenance program. Beaty, Wayne // Electric Light & Power;Feb96, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p23
Reports on the use of a comprehensive program of predictive/preventive maintenance at the Los Angeles Water and Power Department in California to meet operational demands. Identification of problem spots with infrared imaging before they become serious; Regular checks and inspection of...