Market may favor FGIC paper, but doesn't pay more for it
- WRAP WATCH. // Asset Securitization Report;1/29/2007, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p34
Several charts are presented that list the priced securities of several financial institutions in the U.S. including Ambac Financial Group Inc., Financial Guaranty Insurance Co., and Financial Security Assurance Inc.
- Activity improves for sureties in the 2Q04. M.G. // Asset Securitization Report;7/26/2004 Supp, Vol. 4, p1
Reports on the performance of financial services industry in the United States for the second quarter of 2004. Increase in Financial Security Assurance's volume from asset classes that are traditionally wrapped; Indication of strong growth of Financial Guaranty Insurance Corp.'s wrapping...
- Credit Enhancement Of Public and Rule 144A ABS. // Asset Securitization Report;7/26/2004 Supp, Vol. 4, p2
Provides data on the performance of several finance companies in the U.S. for the second quarter of 2004. Ambac; Financial Guaranty Insurance Corp.; Financial Security Assurance; MBIA; XLCA.
- FGIC Downgraded On Capital Issues. // American Banker;2/15/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 32, p20
The article discusses a decrease in bond insurer ratings by the financial rating company Moody's Investors Service regarding the bond insurance company Financial Guaranty Insurance Co. (FGIC). Moody's commented that FGIC's involvement in the mortgage market has resulted in poor capitalization....
- Bond Insurance Then & Now: The Revival of an Industry. Renick, Oliver; Bonello, Maria // Bond Buyer;5/1/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34102, p1
The article offers information on bond insurance market and mentions that the insurance bond has undergone a makeover in the municipal bond industry. Topics discussed include ill-effects of residential mortgage-backed securities, global financial crises of 2008 and rise in insurance interest...
- The trading floor. Sherman, Lynn; Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;02/01/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30819, p28
Presents news items related to the securities industry in the United States as of February 1, 2000. Financial performance of Ambac Financial Group Inc. for the fourth quarter of 1999; Earnings per share of Financial Security Assurance in 1999; Merger of Blank Rome Comisky & McCauley and Tenzer...
- Some Monolines Manage to Thrive. Bizouati, Yaël // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/10/2008, Vol. 74 Issue 10, p12
The article reports on the status of the monoline insurance companies in the U.S. in 2007. According to the author, Ambac Financial Group Inc. and MBIA Insurance Corp. are struggling to stay in business, while Financial Security Assurance Inc. (FSA) has been doing well. Despite the turmoil...
- S&P Warns of Pressure on Five Bond Insurers. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;9/9/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32214, p1
Reports on the uncertainty faced by Ambac Assurance Corp., Financial Guaranty Insurance Co., MBIA Insurance Corp., Financial Security Assurance Inc., and ACA Financial Guaranty Corp. due to the magnitude of their exposure in the Gulf Coast region ravaged by Hurricane Katrina. Susceptibility of...
- Losses Continue For Bond Insurers. // National Underwriter / P&C;5/16/2011, Vol. 115 Issue 18, p8
The article reports on the business losses of two bond insurer companies Ambac Financial Group Inc., which had an 819 million-dollar loss and MBIA Insurance Corp., which saw decreased loss payments and volatility in its residential mortgage-backed securities (RMBS) during the first quarter of 2011.