Airport expansions worth the costs, industry players say
- Can This Airport Be Saved? Behn, Bob // Governing;Apr2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p58
Deals with management problems in the Zenith City Airport Authority (ZCAA) in West Dakota as of April 2002. Status of the tourism industry in the state; Reason of the ZCAA Board for its decision to expand the airport's services and terminal facilities; Factors which contributed to the financial...
- Earlton air service. // Northern Ontario Business;May2002, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p8
Reports the revision of airport service schedules for passengers and business travellers in Northern Ontario.
- AIRPORT CONFIDENTIAL. Saldarini, Kathy // Government Executive;Mar2001, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p62
Cites the findings of separate reports by the 'Consumer Reports' and 'The Wall Street Journal' publications regarding airport amenities in the United States. Airports reviewed; Range of issues faced by federal travelers who take frequent airline trips; Range of amenities offered by different...
- Terminal Bliss. Paris, Wendy // Conde Nast Traveler;Mar2001, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p100
Reports on the innovations in airport amenities in the United States aimed at helping travelers make waiting for their flight more bearable. Eateries; Retail establishments; Cultural attractions. INSET: The Latest Offerings..
- Gate Secrets. Helmetag, Kaija // Arthur Frommer's Budget Travel (Newsweek LLC);Oct2010, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p18
The article presents a guide to worthwhile diversions for travelers who have to make a short stop in the course of a journey at the Atlanta in Georgia, Orlando in Florida and San Francisco in California airports.
- Christmas cheer for airports. // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals;12/1/2003, Issue 1696, p83
Manchester Airport in Manchester, England is the place to go if one seek to refuge from Christmas. Bosses there have banned yuletide's most unappealing feature â€” Merry Christmas Everyone by brummie rockers Slade â€” after a passenger poll revealed almost half thought it was unpopular...
- Wheels Down With a Frequent Flier. // National Geographic Traveler;Nov/Dec2011, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p10
The article talks about how airports are offering a completely new experience for travelers.
- Gateway to Europe. Deegan, Gordon // World of Hibernia;Autumn99, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p144
In the early days of transatlantic flight travel to Europe was a glamorous endeavor and Ireland, with its position as the westernmost country in Europe was the logical starting point for many a continental journey. On their layovers, celebrities and business travelers buzzed around Shannon...
- Over 2m pass through Abu Dhabi International in a month. // Enterprise (Pakistan);Sep2015, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p14
The article reports that there were 2,254,809 passengers who passed the Abu Dhabi International airport on August 2015, a 15% increase compare in August 2014.