Airport expansions worth the costs, industry players say
- Can This Airport Be Saved? Behn, Bob // Governing;Apr2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p58
Deals with management problems in the Zenith City Airport Authority (ZCAA) in West Dakota as of April 2002. Status of the tourism industry in the state; Reason of the ZCAA Board for its decision to expand the airport's services and terminal facilities; Factors which contributed to the financial...
- Earlton air service. // Northern Ontario Business;May2002, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p8
Reports the revision of airport service schedules for passengers and business travellers in Northern Ontario.
- AIRPORT CONFIDENTIAL. Saldarini, Kathy // Government Executive;Mar2001, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p62
Cites the findings of separate reports by the 'Consumer Reports' and 'The Wall Street Journal' publications regarding airport amenities in the United States. Airports reviewed; Range of issues faced by federal travelers who take frequent airline trips; Range of amenities offered by different...
- Terminal Bliss. Paris, Wendy // Conde Nast Traveler;Mar2001, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p100
Reports on the innovations in airport amenities in the United States aimed at helping travelers make waiting for their flight more bearable. Eateries; Retail establishments; Cultural attractions. INSET: The Latest Offerings..
- Gate Secrets. Helmetag, Kaija // Arthur Frommer's Budget Travel (Newsweek LLC);Oct2010, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p18
The article presents a guide to worthwhile diversions for travelers who have to make a short stop in the course of a journey at the Atlanta in Georgia, Orlando in Florida and San Francisco in California airports.
- Wheels Down With a Frequent Flier. // National Geographic Traveler;Nov/Dec2011, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p10
The article talks about how airports are offering a completely new experience for travelers.
- Gateway to Europe. Deegan, Gordon // World of Hibernia;Autumn99, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p144
In the early days of transatlantic flight travel to Europe was a glamorous endeavor and Ireland, with its position as the westernmost country in Europe was the logical starting point for many a continental journey. On their layovers, celebrities and business travelers buzzed around Shannon...
- Over 2m pass through Abu Dhabi International in a month. // Enterprise (Pakistan);Sep2015, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p14
The article reports that there were 2,254,809 passengers who passed the Abu Dhabi International airport on August 2015, a 15% increase compare in August 2014.
- Baby you can drive my car. // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals;11/3/2003, Issue 1692, p25
Liverpool, England-based Liverpool John Lennon Airport staff are using the rood to keep the trade informed about new developments at the airport. The staff will be targeting agents in Wales and the northwest of England, and the airport has teamed up with local Peugeot dealer Caledonia to help...