Chicago CFO Walter Knorr reflects on longevity in job
- Chicago CFO Walter Knorr has `a lot of fun' just doing his job. Shields, Yvette; Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;08/05/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30450, p1
Profiles Chicago chief financial officer Walter Knorr. Personal background; Educational attainment; Career history; Other business activities.
- Chicago CFO Knorr Leaves For Salomon. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/1/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31355, p1
Reports on the resignation of Walter Knorr, chief financial officer of Chicago, Illinois. Recruitment into Salomon Smith Barney Inc. as managing director; Reason for departure; Career background.
- Walter Knorr Takes a Bow. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/17/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31367, p1
Reports the resignation of city chief financial officer (CFO) Walter Knorr in Chicago, Illinois. Announcement of Knorr to take a job with Salomon Smith Barney Inc.; Contribution of the CFO in the financial position of the city; Appreciation of Knorr on the praises received from the aldermen.
- Cook County's Knorr to Become University CFO. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/21/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32533, p6
The article reports on the resignation of Cook County Comptroller Walter Knorr to become chief financial officer for the University of Illinois in Illinois. According to Bill Figel, a spokesman for Cook County Board President Todd Stroger, Knorr will leave his post once the county completes its...
- Back to the Public Sector. Shields, Yvette; Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/5/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31856, p1
Reports on Citigroup Global Markets Inc. executive Walter Knorr's return to the public sector as comptroller for Cook County, Chicago. Refusal of county officials to comment on the hiring; Knorr's former job as chief financial officer for Chicago.
- People: Bankers Anxiously Await Chicago Mayor's Choice for CFO. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/4/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31538, p6
Reports on the status of the public finance community following the resignation of chief executive officer Walter Knorr in Chicago, Illinois. Replacement of Knorr; Distribution of the bond business; Decision of Mayor Richard M. Daley on the issue.
- Authentic Expression. Cashman, Kevin; Walsh, Paul // Executive Excellence;Jun2000, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p5
Comments on the importance of encouraging self-expression among chief executive officers. Role of expression in sustaining administrative effectiveness and authenticity; Value of expression in honing leadership skills and qualities.
- Are CFOs Ready For Prime Time? O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/27/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 41, p28
Focuses on the readiness of chief financial officers to regulations in the U.S. Results of a survey conducted by CFO Research Services and Cap Gemini Ernst & Young.
- CORRECTION. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jul/Aug2008 Supplement, p4
A correction is presented to a graphic that appeared on page 22 of the May/June, 2008 issue.