Panelists: State agencies will play large role in Section 8 restructuring
- Ohio HFA to Issue $72M of Mortgage Bonds Aimed at Retail. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;10/24/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32989, p23
The article reports on the plan of the Ohio Housing Finance Authority to enter the bond market with roughly $72 million of tax-exempt mortgage bonds. The issue comes after the authority planned to sell up to $200 million in residential mortgage revenue bonds. The bonds are structured to mature...
- Bank alliance focuses on CMBS to aid recovery. Phillips, Mike // Estates Gazette;6/19/2010, Issue 1024, p55
The article reports that the Property Industry Alliance will be working with the Bank of England and the British Treasury department to improve the country's commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBS) lending market. The alliance is set to establish a plan that will offer solutions to the...
- New 30yT-Bond impact on MBS. // Asset Securitization Report;5/9/2005, Vol. 5 Issue 18, p1
Reports on the indecision of the U.S. Treasury to restart regular 30-year bond auction. Impact of the announcement on the mortgage market; Volatility of the mortgage-backed securities market; Impact of prepayment speeds, collateral pricing and the supply/demand dynamics on CMO pricing.
- Ginnie Mae's John Getchis Reflects on His New Cap Markets Role. Sinnock, Bonnie // National Mortgage News;11/22/2012, Vol. 36 Issue 55, p38
The article focuses on the plans of John Getchis as senior vice president of Ginnie Mae in the U.S. It notes Getchis' interest to continue the company's securitization efforts to make them affordable to homeowners amidst the housing crisis in the country. Getchis also assures that the agency...
- econ 101. // Yale Economic Review;Fall2007, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p21
The article focuses on the agencies created by the U.S. government that support mortgage loan origination and trading. The agencies are the Federal National Mortgage Association, the Government National Mortgage Association, and the Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corp. Each agency ensures a form of...
- The Wild, Wild West. // National Mortgage News;7/12/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 41, p4
Editorial. Comments on the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission's recommendation for hedge funds to be registered. Ability of hedge funds to buy large blocks of equities of firms in the mortgage industry; Attempts to make arbitrage income on any movement in the stock; Description of hedge...
- A Turnaround Signal in RMBS Deal? Not So Fast. Thangavelu, Poonka // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/25/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 24, p1
The article reports on a California real estate investment trust that sold the bond backed by mortgages without a Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae guarantee in two years. It states that the private-label market in Wall Street firms eclipsed the conforming mortgage-backed securities market in the last...
- GINNIE MAES. // Caribbean Business;4/21/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 15, p56
The article presents information on Ginnie Maes (Government National Mortgage Association: a federal agency which purchases mortgages from lending institutions with funds raised by the sale of government-backed securities.
- OPERS Hunts for CMBS Manager. Lewis, Jakema // Investment Management Weekly;12/6/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 48, p1
Reports on the search for a high-yield commercial mortgage-backed securities manager by the Ohio Public Employees' Retirement System in November 2004. Purpose of the search; Source of the assets for the mandate; Qualifications for the search.