Darley Tour 2005 -- 11th Year
- Industry Calendar. // Fire Engineering;Mar2011, Vol. 164 Issue 3, Special section p8
A calendar of trade shows for the firefighting equipment industry from February to October 2011 is presented including Firehouse World 2011 in San Diego, California, Ontario Fire Chiefs in Ontario, and Australasian Fire and Emergency Service Authorities Council (AFAC) in Sydney, New South Wales.
- BACKPACK MOBILIZES FIREFIGHTING. // Machine Design;08/03/2000, Vol. 72 Issue 15, p35
Introduces the compressed-air-foam backpack developed for fighting fires where water is scarce designed by Carter Design Inc. Features of the backpack; Price.
- More bang, fewer bucks. WILMOTH, JANET // Fire Chief;Mar2013, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p3
An introduction is presented in which the author discusses various articles within the issue on topics including compressed-air foam system and firefighting weapons.
- Suppression Performance Comparison for Aspirated, Compressed-Air and In Situ Chemically Generated Class B Foams. Laundess, Ashlea; Rayson, Mark; Dlugogorski, Bogdan; Kennedy, Eric // Fire Technology;Jul2012, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p625
This contribution describes the experimental program undertaken to test the performance of a novel firefighting foam against the current Class B foam technology. The novel foam involved the use of a chemical reaction between dissolved species to generate inert nitrogen gas in situ; hence in situ...
- Fire extinguishers. Kimber, Robert // Country Journal;Nov/Dec92, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p82
Gives details on fire extinguishers. Classes of fires; Types of extinguishers; Points to consider before buying; Proper use.
- Apparatus deliveries. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Jan1995, Vol. 148 Issue 1, p142
Features several fire fighting vehicles and equipment. Pierce fire trucks built for the Kirby Fire Department in Texas; Seagrave Fire Apparatus fire truck built for the Wallington Fire Department in New Jersey; Chevrolet Suburban incident command unit; Southern Coach fire truck built for the...
- Products--services--media. // Fire Engineering;Jan1995, Vol. 148 Issue 1, p146
Features several fire fighting equipment and supplies. Sharpeye 20/20L UV/IR Flame Detector from Spectrex Inc.; Digital Voice Recorder from Sigtronics; TMX412 Multi-Gas Monitor from Industrial Science Corp.; Omni-4000 Gas Detector from ENMET Corp.; Aluminum Suction Hose Tray and Bracket from...
- Products services media. // Fire Engineering;Aug96, Vol. 149 Issue 8, p143
Features various equipment, supplies and services related to fire fighting. Includes firefighter training system; Fire engine; Sirens; Waterproof and body fluid-proof outerwear; Portable foam unit; Fireboats; Electric nozzle.
- Products, services, media. // Fire Engineering;Feb95, Vol. 148 Issue 2, p69
Presents the features of firefighting equipments in the United States. Includes the large diameter hose handler from Modern Rescue and Safety Equipment Inc; Questar Spotlight from Havis Shields Equipment Corporation; Model 2015 mirror from Velvac Inc; C-130 cutter from American Rescue...