- Federal excess property proqram; a boost for small town Minnesota. Cucha, Bob // Minnesota Fire Chief;Jan/Feb2013, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p20
The article details how a federal excess property program has helped the Glyndon Fire Department in Minnesota acquire another fire truck. The fire department needed to have another pumper after its 40-year old Forstner International pumper could no longer be certified by the service company....
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. MALECKY, JOHN M. // Fire Engineering;Dec2008, Vol. 161 Issue 12, p141
This section offers news briefs on apparatus deliveries to fire departments across the U.S. It outlines the features and equipment of the two HME pumpers of Skagit County Fire District 3 in Washington. A description of the two pumpers and one wildland interface vehicle of the Redlands Fire...
- Spec for safety. Adams, William F. // Fire Engineering;Oct96, Vol. 149 Issue 10, p100
Focuses on Rochester, New York-based Lake Shore Fire District's Truck Committee's development of a list of operational and safety features desired in an apparatus for the express use of on-duty firefighters. Features specified; Features of delivered apparatus.
- Crash-fire truck is top-flight. Pope, Gregory T.; Boatman, John // Popular Mechanics;Nov95, Vol. 172 Issue 11, p24
Focuses on the US Air Force's P-23 Aircraft Rescue and Fire Fighting vehicle, made by Teledyne Vehicle Systems and Emergency One Inc. Features.
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Jun2002, Vol. 155 Issue 6, p102
Features several fire trucks. Key features of the Emergency One pumpers; Equipments present in the American Fire & Rescue unit; Usability of the American Lafrance tanker/pumper.
- 'Fire engines' worked, and would still work today. Downing, Tom G. // Farm & Dairy;7/3/2014, Vol. 100 Issue 41, pC7
The article offers the author's insights regarding the efficiency of fire engines, with particular focus on theory for engine development, innovations, and sparks shows.
- Rural Fire Department Engine Saves Home. // Fire Management Today;Spring2002, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p37
Reports the service extended by the purchased fire engine of the Cloverdale Rural Fire Protection District to a burning home in Oregon. Use of foam-dispensing engines in penetrating smother flames; Number of water gallons used; Worth of structural damage caused by the fire.
- How to ensure children's safety during special-occassion rides on fire apparatus. Smith, Drew // Fire Chief Expert Blog;2/28/2013, p2
The article discusses the use of fire apparatus in safety transporting children in Prospect Heights, Illinois. A free ride to school in a fire truck certificate is being offered by the Fire District to local groups to be used in fundraising activities. It explains the need for best practices and...
- AIRCRAFT FUEL TENDER CONVERTED INTO ATTACK PUMPER FOR LOCAL FIREFIGHTING. Ward, Eric // Fire Management Today;2012, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p23
The article focuses on the launch of conversion effort of the Mitchell County Fire District #1 in Kansas for the 1991 Oshkosh R-11 aircraft fuel tender it received through the Kansas Forest Service (KFS), for local firefighting. It states that the truck has large for a tender on a single...