- Progressive discipline. Fulmer, David B. // Fire Engineering;Dec99, Vol. 152 Issue 12, p8
Focuses on the progressive levels of discipline enforced on fire service personnels in the United States. Discipline as a tool for regulating proper behaviors and actions expected from an organization member; Process consisting of verbal warning, reprimand, suspension and termination; Narration...
- Saving our own: The rapid intervention team officer. Lasky, Rick // Fire Engineering;Jul97, Vol. 150 Issue 7, p16
Discusses the roles and responsibilities of rapid intervention team (RIT) officer or team leader. Informations which the RIT officer must obtain from the incident commander when being assigned; Some observations that should be taken into consideration; Attitudes which the RIT officer and team...
- The Role of the Safety Officer. // Fire Engineering;Jun2008, Vol. 161 Issue 6, p38
The article provides several answers to a question of how is the safety officer position filled in, in the different fire department of United States.
- Firefighters to address West Shore group. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);2/6/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p2
The article focuses on the move of West Shore Fire Department members to deliver a presentation regarding the complex safety equipment used by local firefighter at the meeting of the West Shore Civic Association (WSCA) in Laguna Park in Bosque County, Texas on February 12, 2008.
- Reinventing the fire service. Paton, Nic // Personnel Today;10/28/2003, p22
No abstract available.
- guru. Tony // Personnel Today;6/12/2007, p8
The article comments on various issues related to personnel management. A fire crew of Manchester Fire Service fell asleep on the job in front of new reclining chairs breaching health and safety regulations. It is stated that they were made to read a four-page booklet before using the chairs...
- Picerno elected Tupper Lake fire chief. Collier, Jessica // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;4/9/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 85, p1
The article unveils the new elected set of officers for the Tupper Lake Volunteer Fire Department in Tupper Lake, New York.
- Corrections. // Collinsville Herald;1/18/2012, Vol. 54 Issue 3, pA2
A correction to an article about the Collinsville fire department head in Illinois in the January 11, 2012 issue is presented.
- County considers VFD coverage areas. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);3/13/2014, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p1
The article reports on a meeting of the Donley County Commission with fire department representatives to discuss the areas of coverage where they will be dispatched in 2014.