- PRODUCTS/SERVICES/MEDIA. // Fire Engineering;Aug2005, Vol. 158 Issue 8, p143
Features fire prevention equipment and supplies available in the United States as of August 2005. American LaFrance's Liberty Series pumpers, tankers, rescue pumpers and brush trucks; Smoke alarms from Kidde Wireless System; R-O-M Corp.'s horizontal shutter; ZT Nozzle Grip from Akron Brass;...
- NEW DELIVERIES. // Fire Chief;Sep2004, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p92
Features fire trucks delivered to fire departments in the U.S. recent as of September 2004. Ladder units; Rescue pumpers; Rear-mount pumpers.
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Jun2004, Vol. 157 Issue 6, p130
Features several fire vehicles used by different fire departments for fire fighting in the U.S. Design of the RESCUE 1 unit vehicle of Hastings Fire Rescue; Use of Marion Body in the Grisworld Fire Department; Description of the Pierce platform quint owned by the Fuquay-Varina Fire Department.
- NFPA working on updating two standards. Van Meter, Jeff // Minnesota Fire Chief;Jul/Aug2014, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p29
The article reports that National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), which develops, publishes and distributes consensus codes and standards aimed at minimizing the potential and the effects of fire and other risks, is updating two standards. Included standards are NFPA 1901: Standard for...
- Variability of sprinkler response time index and conduction factor using the plunge test. Tsui, A.; Spearpoint, M. J. // Building Services Engineering Research & Technology;May2010, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p163
In order to predict sprinkler activation time, the response time index (RTI) and the conduction factor (C factor) may be required. This paper describes the use of a wind tunnel to determine both quantities for different types of sprinklers and to identify appropriate distributions for RTI values...
- SPECIAL ORDER. Cavette, Chris // Fire Chief;Oct2005, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p62
Discusses specifications of vehicles used in fire departments. Advantages of utility vehicles; Mobile rehabilitation units; Foam tenders that can provide sustained flows of foam; Mobile-ventilation units.
- Liquid Assets. Cavette, Chris // Fire Chief;Oct2006, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p110
The article discusses the developments of the use of tankers and other water supply equipment in fire service in the U.S. Several trends in the 1960s and 1970s resulted to a major change in the design and use of water supply equipment. The quest to maximize water supplies with tanker shuttles...
- Wild in the City. Cavette, Chris // Fire Chief;Apr2007, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p94
The article features several wildland fire apparatus and trucks to prevent fire emergencies in California effectively. These rigs are generally more compact and maneuverable that full-size engines, and can be operated with fewer firefighters. Los Angeles County operates a fleet of 4x4 patrol...
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. MALECKY, JOHN M. // Fire Engineering;Dec2014, Vol. 167 Issue 12, p121
The article offers information on several firefighting equipment including 1st Attack Engineering off-road fire-rescue truck, E-ONE pumper and Pierce rescue pumper.